Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Looking For Pen/email Pal For My Daughter (11 1/2) With Celiacs.

3 posts in this topic

I would like to find a child close to my daughter's age (11 1/2) who also has Celiacs. I feel it would good to be able to talk to someone her own age with the same issues she has to go through.

Ads by Google:

Is there a celiac support group in your area? They sometimes offer get togethers for kids or teens; I know the one in my city has a couple of teen parties and a week long summer camp just outside of town. Contacting your local support group might be a good way to find other kids.

I'm afraid I won't volunteer my boys as pen pals. They are a bit younger than her and, like typical boys, do not enjoy writing much nevermind to a (gasp) girl. ;)

Best wishes.

My daughter would love it I'm sure! She's 11 and was diagnosed at age 4. If you'd like, PM me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Biopsy confirmed?
      Sorry  To give you more info I had the endoscopy because I was diagnosed last year with Barretts Esophagus and gastritis. I've been on medication since but still had issues so they went back in to check how everything was going and to make sure the Barretts hadn't turned into anything nasty. I had a celiac blood test in 2014 ( negative) and the endoscopy in 2015 didn't show lymphocytes in the duodenum well that's if he biopsied that. I also had a colonoscopy with this years endo and all of that came back fine - I thought if I was celiac that would be affected also? As far as I know the biopsy only showed lymphocytes (white blood cells?) in the duodenum no damage to the villi but he used many big words that I didn't understand so he could have said more. With the blood test all I know is that I had a blood test for Celiac - I didn't know there were different tests for it. I'm a complete newbie with all this stuff so I just don't get what questions to ask him.  I'm so impatient I just want to know. I have a big family, a husband that is FIFO and I'm a stresser. 
    • Help interpreting biopsy results after gluten-free for 7 months
      Hi there, Just got my follow up biopsy results after being dx with celiac 7 months ago (dx with blood test + biopsy). Could anyone help interpret these new results as the doc wasn't much help... Basically he said good news is it looks like gut has healed up due to gluten-free diet. Bad news is that he has no explanation as to why I still have all of my symptoms.  Any help interpreting the attached results would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    • Celiac.com: Signs and Symptoms of Celiac Disease
      By now, you've likely heard about people going gluten-free, ridding their diets of foods such as pastas, breads, cereals, and processed foods that ... View the full article
    • Biopsy confirmed?
      Right, usually they do an endoscopy after a positive blood antibody test.  The biopsy confirms the antibody results.  Doing them in the reverse order doesn't hurt anything though.  Sometimes people "fail" the antibody tests but still have gut damage.  Not everybody makes the same antibodies or in the same quantities.  Anyway, you should make sure they are doing the complete celiac antibody panel, not just a ttg test. And don't worry if the celiac tests are positive for gliaden antibodies.  Going gluten-free is an adjustment to your diet. Quite a few people around here have managed to adjust successfully.  It takes some effort, but anything worthwhile does they say.
    • Celiac Night Vision
      I don't have scotomas but you might find more help on a forum dedicated to vision issues.  Here are a couple I found.  the last link is a Yahoo search for "eye forum"  There may be others found if you try a search on Google. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Eye-Care/show/90 http://www.healthboards.com/boards/eye-vision/ https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=eye+forum&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Roemill