1 reply to this topic

#1 alexisd

alexisd

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

I have noticed that since having Celiac I can't drink Kombucha. When I drink it I get a horrible reaction exactly like I get when I eat gluten. So I figured somehow Kombucha had gluten in it. (???) Well, I was at the health food store and noticed a new kombucha they carry that says 'Gluten Free' on the bottle. I was excited and thought I could drink it - well I did. Any now I'm miserable. They was nothing else that could've caused this. Why am I 'glutened' (for lack of a better word) if this was gluten free? Can anyone else not drink kombucha either? I realize people can have other allergies but I don't know what it could be. Also, being Celiac, can having this gluten reaction cause gut damage or can 'gluten' only do this? I'm worried that I've hurt what progress in gut repair I've made. I'm feeling so frustrated!
I go out of my way to avoid gluten at all costs just to get 'so called' glutened from 'gluten free' food.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 foam

foam

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

You can easily be allergic to lots of yeasts (perhaps all yeast) if you have bacterial problems and yeast overgrowth as I guess everyone with a leaky gut does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: