Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

I Think You're My People!

5 posts in this topic

For 2 months now, I've been reading and commenting on this board, and i have to say how glad i am to have found you all. It's like i've found people who are "my" people!

My first food allergy was at 2 weeks, when my pediatrician had my mom giving me orange juice, and i vomited it across the room. That was the start of the food fun, i suppose. I've had terrible teeth and saw a few posts in the past week about others with that problem, so i looked online and found that celiac is the underlying cause of it! I've been allergic to citric acid since i was about 15 - but never met another person who was. And here there are a bunch of you that have it in your sig lines! Citric acid is evil stuff!

At about that same age, I became lactose intolerant, too. i've been taking digestive enzymes since i found them about 15-20 years ago and no doc could ever explain to me why i needed them to be able to eat - but here there are many people who use them. i've had all these food allergies/intolerances and other than my mom, never known anyone else who also had so many. When I order in a restaurant I have to ask "does this have cinnamon/oregano/basil/thyme/pork/citrus/blah blah in it?" Now I add gluten on to the list. I had the worst acne of almost anyone i knew - and a lot of people here also have skin issues.

I just read someone's post that said they were in their 50's and the first sign that they'd gotten glutened was their face the next morning. YES! I get that face too!

*sigh*

so i know this is a bizarre post but i just had to say thanks for being here. I'm learning so much by reading everyone's posts - so many of my "odd" symptoms seem to be connected to celiac disease. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but at the same time, am thankful for me not being the only person with all of this stuff. I think people here understand - and after feeling like the weirdest person around, I'm glad for some company living in Food Intolerance Land.

btw, how do you put info into your sig lines?

btw, how do you put info into your sig lines?

In the upper right corner, click on your username. In the pop-up, click on "My Profile." Click "Edit my Profile." On the left, click "Signature." Don't forget to click "Save Changes" at the bottom when done.

I had to come because I laughed when I saw this post. I find myself often mentioning conversations from here to my husband and instead of saying things like "so I was talking to the people on the forums" which takes forever to say I stick with "I was talking to my people" or "my people say" and he knows exactly who I mean. I've been calling everyone here my people probably since I just started coming. :D

Sometimes misery loves company. It was something I could show my kids and say, "Look how many other people have this!!?" You are not alone.

I had to come because I laughed when I saw this post. I find myself often mentioning conversations from here to my husband and instead of saying things like "so I was talking to the people on the forums" which takes forever to say I stick with "I was talking to my people" or "my people say" and he knows exactly who I mean. I've been calling everyone here my people probably since I just started coming. :D

Your post made me laugh out loud! Very cute!