Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Just A Few Questions!

7 posts in this topic

Hello! I was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance a little under six months ago. We still are unsure if I have Celiac. I was wondering if you can still bake regular food as long as you don't eat it and wear gloves. I want to go to culinary school before I open a gluten free bakery, so I'm just trying to figure out my options. Thanks!

You will want to wear a respirator, too. You don't want to breathe the flour into you throat and swallow it if you have Celiac. It shouldn't matter in your lungs, but common sense says if its in your mouth or throat, some will be swallowed.

You will want to wear a respirator, too. You don't want to breathe the flour into you throat and swallow it if you have Celiac. It shouldn't matter in your lungs, but common sense says if its in your mouth or throat, some will be swallowed.

That's a good point! I was thinking about seeing if they will accommodate me and let me use my own flour.

That's a good point! I was thinking about seeing if they will accommodate me and let me use my own flour.

Even better. Still, there will be flour flying from the guy next to you? During baking, I mean. Using a quarter cup of flour for a gravy shouldn't send it flying and you could use your rice flour or whatever for your gravy.

Just be careful if you are working around others who are using wheat flour; if they dump in their flour a little forcefully then POOF - There's a flour cloud for you to ingest. I'd wear a face mask if you are working around it at all.

Best wishes.

after going gluten free and feeling great, my first glutening came when I was baking cookies with my granddaughter. I would take every precaution if you are going to be in the same room as the chefs using regular flour.

I have tried everything, and it never ends well. Gloves, mask, taking a shower the second I'm done. It all resulted in me getting glutenized. I didn't try a repirator, but a cone mask didn't help at all.

If you have to work with it, then cover as much of you as you can.