5 replies to this topic

#1 scoutfinch

scoutfinch

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I'm trying to clean up my online presence and cancel the accounts to websites and forums that that I haven't used for a long time, and I can't figure out how to delete the account related to this forum. Can someone clue me in? Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Only Scott (user name admin) can delete an account. We don't generally do so. Deleting the account does not delete the posts--they remain and the screen name that posted them is still shown. If you still want to be deleted, send Scott a request in a board message.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,461 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Rather than delete I can change your user name and remove anything in posts that would specifically identify you, like your phone number. You should be able to change the other settings in your account on your own in your profile area.

Take care,
Scott
Scott Adams
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#4 jamiep8

jamiep8

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

I would like my account deleted please. I don't know want any of my information on here. How do I get rid of it?

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

I would like my account deleted please. I don't know want any of my information on here. How do I get rid of it?

You address and such doesn't show. Look at other people's profiles by clicking on them and you will not see their personal info.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

You can edit your profile and insert false information in it, but as Karen said, it is not visible to members or forum moderators.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: