Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Notice Improvement In Behavior Before Improvement Of Other Symptoms?

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 snadaska

snadaska

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

We are on day 6 of a gluten-free diet. On day 4 I noticed a big improvement in dd's behavior. No big tantrums and she less easily frustrated. Even DH has noticed. I can't really believe what I am seeing and still hesitate to say it is because of the diet change. I will just have to wait and see.

The only thing is so far I haven't noticed any changes in the constipation or reflux issues. could these still improve? Did anyone else notice behavioral changes before digestive changes?

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Well, behavior was our ONLY symptom, and it changed almost immediately. It was like I had a totally different kid. Once the drastic behavior stopped, other changes were more gradual. (sleep, appetite, growth - things we didn't really notice were off, but they were.)

For me, my symptoms were gradual too. The GI stuff was almost immediate, the brain fog took a few months, GERD symptoms (and medications) were gone within weeks.

Cara

#3 Minette

Minette

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

My daughter's behavior has not changed a whit since going gluten-free (but she never had major behavior issues in the first place -- just normal kid stuff). But I wanted to chime in to say that it did take the constipation a while to resolve. She's been gluten-free for 6 months now and it's gotten better. But her diet is still very limited (world's pickiest eater) and she is still constipated unless we give her fiber supplements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: