Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone Notice Improvement In Behavior Before Improvement Of Other Symptoms?

3 posts in this topic

We are on day 6 of a gluten-free diet. On day 4 I noticed a big improvement in dd's behavior. No big tantrums and she less easily frustrated. Even DH has noticed. I can't really believe what I am seeing and still hesitate to say it is because of the diet change. I will just have to wait and see.

The only thing is so far I haven't noticed any changes in the constipation or reflux issues. could these still improve? Did anyone else notice behavioral changes before digestive changes?

Thanks

Ads by Google:

Well, behavior was our ONLY symptom, and it changed almost immediately. It was like I had a totally different kid. Once the drastic behavior stopped, other changes were more gradual. (sleep, appetite, growth - things we didn't really notice were off, but they were.)

For me, my symptoms were gradual too. The GI stuff was almost immediate, the brain fog took a few months, GERD symptoms (and medications) were gone within weeks.

Cara

My daughter's behavior has not changed a whit since going gluten-free (but she never had major behavior issues in the first place -- just normal kid stuff). But I wanted to chime in to say that it did take the constipation a while to resolve. She's been gluten-free for 6 months now and it's gotten better. But her diet is still very limited (world's pickiest eater) and she is still constipated unless we give her fiber supplements.