18 replies to this topic

#16 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

I agree, there aren't just two categories, regular and super sensitive. There are many. Many celiacs notice no symptoms at all. That is one reason why so many are undiagnosed. Then there are crazy sensitive people like me. I keep having to remove more and more and try to grow my own as much as possible.

There are also many with other food intolerances. The best way that I have found to come up with a safe diet is to keep a food/symptom journal, try to change only one thing per week, try to keep track of all variables, and be patient.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

"Thanks. It is nice to know why I have kept reacting to packaged gluten free foods. One thing that is bothering me is that I run a low grade fever while glutened and he really didn't know anything about that which concerns me. Do you know anything about that?"

Nothing offcially diagnosed or any articles to draw from, but I used to feel my body temperature fluctuate fairly regularly. I'd get really hot or really cold for seemingly no reason, especially not related to air temperature. Last I 'tested' dairy seemed to cause that too.

But fever is often a sign of infection which is really just a sign of your immune system acting up. Like if you have an infection that your body isn't responding to, you wouldn't ever get a fever. So a low-grade fever doesn't seem out of place to me.

diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

#18 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I have been messing around with a few packaged gluten free items.   I have had bad results.  Migraine, joint pain and digestive issues.  Back to whole foods cooked by me only.  It's not worth the hassle, price or illness that comes with it.

#19 Twinki

Twinki

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hey GFreeMO... I run a low grade fever when I have been glutened. Done it my whole life but when I was a kid they didn't know why. I get the foggy head also and it lasts for a week or better. My doctor said I was super sensitive too. I think we all have some ways in which it reacts with us that differ one from another. My fingers also get bruised badly and then some of them will fracture. I am pretty sure thats from not absorbing calcium. Still I am finding new ways to live everyday and overall life is getting better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: