8 replies to this topic

#1 gancan

gancan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

has anyone had a problem with planters nuts?
10/2012 - gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I do fine with Planters.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 gancan

gancan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I usually eat them every day at work for a snack.. and I recently bought some honey roasted walgreens mixed nuts and thought nothing of checking the ingredients (still adjusting!) I just figured.. they are nuts.. and then when I read the label it said "processed in a facility that also contains ... listed every kind of nut and then also listed soy, milk and wheat" and sure enough I wasn't feeling well after eating them... then I tested it out and ate them the next day at work and same thing.. so now I figured i'll just stick to my planters nuts and that label only talks about nuts (safe!) I had some time off work and have been feeling great and then today as I got to the end of my work day I felt a little sick but VERY mild and I was suspicious of the nuts... I'll just test it out again tomorrow and see.. but I wanted to get some input.

plus I recently bought my own small peanut butter (planters) to keep separate from my daughters and I noticed that on hers it says "gluten free" (I think its skippy) and on planters and doesn't say it anywhere so I thought that was odd.
10/2012 - gluten free

#4 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I think Planters is owned by Kraft now. Kraft is pretty good about letting you know if there is a problem. For PB, I get the same Skippy everyone else eats. I put a big piece of red duct tape on the lid. I don't eat as much as the rest do, so sometimes, I take the red tape off and put my jar back into gluteny circulation. Or, if I'm making cookies, I'll open a fresh jar and take the cup of pb for the recipe and give them the jar to finish.

Maybe lay off nuts for a few days? I find too many sort of sit in my stomach and feel a bit icky. ( yes, I know that isn't really scientifically accurate, it's just how it feels) :)

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#5 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Planters is indeed a Kraft brand.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 anngf4life

anngf4life

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I read on the can that they are processed in a plant that processes wheat, not sure I want to try them.

#7 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I read on the can that they are processed in a plant that processes wheat, not sure I want to try them.

I have not seen that on the Planters brand before.

dancing-turkey.gif

#8 gancan

gancan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

i laid off the nuts for a few days then tried them again today and have had no issues mustve been something else thanks for the advice!
10/2012 - gluten free

#9 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

The Planters Mixed Nuts I buy don't have a wheat / gluten warning.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: