Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Planters Mixed Nuts

9 posts in this topic

has anyone had a problem with planters nuts?

Ads by Google:

I do fine with Planters.

I usually eat them every day at work for a snack.. and I recently bought some honey roasted walgreens mixed nuts and thought nothing of checking the ingredients (still adjusting!) I just figured.. they are nuts.. and then when I read the label it said "processed in a facility that also contains ... listed every kind of nut and then also listed soy, milk and wheat" and sure enough I wasn't feeling well after eating them... then I tested it out and ate them the next day at work and same thing.. so now I figured i'll just stick to my planters nuts and that label only talks about nuts (safe!) I had some time off work and have been feeling great and then today as I got to the end of my work day I felt a little sick but VERY mild and I was suspicious of the nuts... I'll just test it out again tomorrow and see.. but I wanted to get some input.

plus I recently bought my own small peanut butter (planters) to keep separate from my daughters and I noticed that on hers it says "gluten free" (I think its skippy) and on planters and doesn't say it anywhere so I thought that was odd.

I think Planters is owned by Kraft now. Kraft is pretty good about letting you know if there is a problem. For PB, I get the same Skippy everyone else eats. I put a big piece of red duct tape on the lid. I don't eat as much as the rest do, so sometimes, I take the red tape off and put my jar back into gluteny circulation. Or, if I'm making cookies, I'll open a fresh jar and take the cup of pb for the recipe and give them the jar to finish.

Maybe lay off nuts for a few days? I find too many sort of sit in my stomach and feel a bit icky. ( yes, I know that isn't really scientifically accurate, it's just how it feels) :)

Planters is indeed a Kraft brand.

I read on the can that they are processed in a plant that processes wheat, not sure I want to try them.

I read on the can that they are processed in a plant that processes wheat, not sure I want to try them.

I have not seen that on the Planters brand before.

i laid off the nuts for a few days then tried them again today and have had no issues mustve been something else thanks for the advice!

The Planters Mixed Nuts I buy don't have a wheat / gluten warning.