Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac With A Fever Part Of Autoimmune Response?

9 posts in this topic

I have been tested for many autoimmune diseases, the only positive one thus far and I hope and pray it stays that way, is celiac. When I am CCed, I will run a fever for several days. I also have elevated liver enzymes. Does anyone else run a low grade fever as part of the autoimmune response with celiac? My doctor told me to take Tylenol but I don't want to be popping tons of tylenol with elevated liver enzymes?

Ads by Google:

Running a low-grade fever, in and of itself, is not harmful. It is the body's way of dealing with a problem :) and probably does not require medicating unless it gets out of hand.

Interesting...my oldest son responds to gluten with a fever (amongst other symptoms). It's been suggested by his Naturalpath, that his liver becomes overloaded with toxins (due to the gluten/gluten response) and this results in congested liver and fever. The fever used to last 5 days, with extreme fatigue ( wouldn't/couldn't walk for 3 - even with Tylenol and Motrin tag team) but we've been able to reduce that. Thank goodness.

The thing that is bugging me is that my gastro didn't know if celiac could cause a fever and told me to see an internal med. doctor. I saw one and she sent me to him. I feel like I can't get answers as to why I get these low grade fevers.

I have been tested for many autoimmune diseases, the only positive one thus far and I hope and pray it stays that way, is celiac. When I am CCed, I will run a fever for several days. I also have elevated liver enzymes. Does anyone else run a low grade fever as part of the autoimmune response with celiac? My doctor told me to take Tylenol but I don't want to be popping tons of tylenol with elevated liver enzymes?

My daughter was just diagnosed this week. She has been running a low-grade temp on and off for several weeks, along with the abdominal pain. She went gluten-free on Monday.

I have long been "used to" having low-grade fevers seemingly at random. I now strongly suspect they were related to the celiac. For all I know was something else, but that strikes me as occam's razor.

During the six months I was 'sick' I ran a low-grade fever almost constantly. I

think it's just another one of the strange symptoms we get!

For me it was. I knew what my normal temp usually ranged, so i kept an eye on it. It went away after i went gluten free.

I (when I first became sick) had a low grade fever that would spike about an hour to two hours after eating. I would feel flush like and I would get terrible stomach pains and heart burn. I also could not sleep whatsoever. Then one night, my husband took me out to eat and I ate felafel. I know now has tons of gluten derived ingredients and had horrific stomach pains the whole night, running a low grade fever and so I finally took myself to the hospital where I was found to have panceatitis. It was mild but was painful. I think it may have something to do with celiac effecting an organ in the body. I have also been tested for lupus, RA and other autoimunes and nothing ever came out positive but celiac ever. Its crazy the symptoms besides the pancreatitis that I have had. Namely neurological, seizure like episodes, floaters in the vision, photophobia. Its been a crazy ride!