Photo
- - - - -

Http://www.applegate Farms gluten-free Chicken Nuggets Recall

recall

• Please log in to reply

No replies to this topic

#1 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I saw this posted by Gluten Free World TV on Facebook originally.

https://www.facebook...utenFreeWorldTV

Recall notice:

http://www.fsis.usda...lease/index.asp
Recall Release CLASS I RECALL
HEALTH RISK: HIGH
FSIS-RC-003-2013

Congressional and Public Affairs
Catherine Cochran
(202) 720-9113

WASHINGTON, Jan 18, 2013 –King’s Delight, a Gainesville, Ga. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,572 pounds of frozen chicken nuggets labeled as gluten-free because they contain wheat, a known allergen that is not declared on the label, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The product subject to recall include: [Labels]
  • 8-oz. cartons of “APPLEGATE® Naturals Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets.”

The establishment number “P-2617” can be found printed on the side of each carton. The products were packaged on Sept. 19, 2012. The lot number “210864” and the best before date “08/28/13” are printed on each carton’s side panel. The UPC code “25317-00556” is printed on the back of each carton. The products were distributed to retail stores in Indiana, Maryland, Oregon and Washington. Consumers who purchased these products should return them to the store for a full refund.

The firm notified FSIS of the problem after a consumer familiar with the product noted a color difference. Upon investigation, it was determined that chicken nuggets containing wheat were mislabeled on Sept. 19, 2012. FSIS and the company have received no reports of illness or adverse reactions due to consumption of this product. Anyone concerned about an illness or adverse reaction should contact a physician.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: