Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I Got 'got'

11 posts in this topic

Well, I did it all by myself.

Hubs was in the kitchen making his lunch, Chinese generals chicken or something (he's not gluten-free). So he's done and I go in to fix my lunch. As always, I start with wiping down the counters. On one counter, a few pieces of his rice stuff had fallen off his plate so I pick up the few pieces with one hand and continue wiping with the other and throw out the papertowels.

I get all my salad stuff together and make my lunch. Greens were washed earlier in the day so no need to rinse them. Ten minutes after I finish, I start shaking and feeling flushed. I lay down and the tummy starts to get angry and I'm bloating in front of my eyes. Then, of course, the migraine.

Where did I go wrong? Those fingers that picked up the few pieces of rice? Yup. I forgot to wash my hands. That little bit of residue from his Chinese got me. And since my greens had already been washed, the residue stayed on my fingers.

I forgot one little step in my preparation and am paying for it.

Moral of the story, don't let Hubs eat Chinese food? Nope, wash your hands every step of the way.

Colleen

Ads by Google:

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry that you got a hit. Happens to the best of us. Hang in there.

aw, crappers!!! <_<

well, having "gotten got" (really stretching the grammar rules here :lol: )

a few times myself the past 2 years, despite my uber-carefulness, I can only suggest this:

I drink a lot of water, take digestive enzymes, probiotics and rest. (I also say a few choice swear words)

Sorry, babes. Hope it passes quickly. xx

I'm with everyone else --- $#it Happens ;)

Drink lots of water -- hope you are feeling better very soon!

OH- activated charcoal! Works like magic! Just don't take it near any medications.

I'm with everyone else --- $#it Happens ;)

I giggled. Not funny that you aren't feeling well, but generally that is what happens with getting got for a lot of people. Feel better soon.

My personal policy is that if I'm not washing my hands to the point that I need to go through a metric buttload of lotion to keep from cracking and bleeding, I'm not washing my hands enough.

wow i am literally laying on my couch due to almost the exact same reason!! and just read this out loud to my husband.. its still hard for me to believe such small things cqan make me sick but the truth is in the stomach pains.. feel better!!!

You feel better too - and welcome!!

Yep, crap happens...................... FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!

It is always nice to blame the husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the only way to keep them on the right path.... haha....