1 reply to this topic

#1 JAS2

JAS2

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

I went gluten free 2.5 weeks ago. I went through some crazy withdrawal stuff that lasted about a week and a half. I was feeling really optimistic about going gluten free and was starting to feel a bit better. Yesterday I started to feel nauseous and my stomach was really noisy and turning. I woke up in the night feeling like a hot/cold feeling and very anxious. When I had a glass of orange juice I felt a bit better. I have woken up almost the same way. I am also feeling depressed. Could this still be withdrawal related or is it probably something else? I am kinda worried as after feeling so sick for so long, I just really want my life back.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

It takes the body a long while for some to get feeling better, you could be one of those. With the hot and hot symptoms, it sounds like a flu to me. Are you coming down with something?

From my own personal experience, I know those with Hashimoto's can go hot and cold and get anxious if they swing from hypo to hyperthyroidism as the autoimmune attack on the thyroid changes. Have your TSH, TPO Ab, Free T4 and T3's checked if you suspect it fits (after consulting Dr. Google ;) )

I hope you feel well soon.
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: