Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten-Free Pasta In Bulk At A Reasonable Price

5 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

I am looking for gluten-free pasta that is available in bulk package and is reasonably priced (including shipping). From my signature, you will notice that I have a ton of restrictions in eating. I am rather new to gluten-free lifestyle (in addition to other food-free) and at the moment, its hard to give up regular comfort food like pasta. I checked many store in the neighborhood and the variety is not that great. Plus, majority of the gluten-free pasta are rice pastas. Due to my medications, I am borderline on blood sugar so my gastroenterologist wants me to avoid carbs.

Googling gave me only Ancient Harvest selling 10lb Quinoa pasta but the shipping is outrageous. I wonder how folks do it. If there is any grocery chain that sells gluten-free pasta in bulk. If it matters, I am close to NYC.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. - DS, age 4.5, has autism. The plan is get him gluten-free too. So such comfort food will come handy)

Ads by Google:

Amazon offers free shipping of Ancient Harvest Pasta with $25.00 minimum.

Amazon offers free shipping of Ancient Harvest Pasta with $25.00 minimum.

Right but the Amazon price tag includes shipping, the same pasta is available on Ancient Harvest site for $30 (Amazon price $63).

Have you tried the pasta before? Just a thought before you go buy a bulk supply. Better to get a sample and have it not agree with ya then it is to buy bulk and then find out.

I normally pick it up at my local health food store for about $3 a box. I spotted a box at walmart once. Stores like safeway have it too.

I have never seen gluten-free pasta in bulk bins...plus I would not buy it due to cross-contamination issues........most gluten-free foods are not in the cheaper price range.....Sam Mills is I think about the cheapest but you may not be able to eat that one...