3 replies to this topic

#1 jamer

jamer

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

I was formally diagnosed with Celiac's about two weeks ago and started a gluten free diet. I found out last week that I'm pregnant. I went to the pharmacy to get a prenatal vitamin, I read the ingredients on the label and I fairly certain it is gluten free...my question, is reading the labels on a medicine bottle enough?

I also just realized by playing around with an Iphone app that sprite zero has gluten. :(

I think I will start scanning everything I buy now...even if it says gluten free.

Thanks!

*Biopsy diagnosed Celiac Disease 1/2013

*Gluten Free since January 20, 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Many of these phone apps are incorrect. Not sure if its because they haven't gotten an official statement from the manufacturer or what. I have never seen a mainstream soda with gluten in it in the US.

Nature made seems to make many gluten free vitamins

http://www.naturemad...l-multivitamins

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 jamer

jamer

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the link!! I'm actually taking that brand of prenatals. I feel great to have found a product on my own that is safe!! Empowering.

The app that said sprite zero has gluten said it was from the "natural flavors" ...this is about the only drink that will settle the morning sickness. I don't drink much, water is my main drink, but it still freaked me out.

I tend to believe other celiac'ers about what has gluten and what doesn't than a phone app.

*Biopsy diagnosed Celiac Disease 1/2013

*Gluten Free since January 20, 2013

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the link!! I'm actually taking that brand of prenatals. I feel great to have found a product on my own that is safe!! Empowering.

The app that said sprite zero has gluten said it was from the "natural flavors" ...this is about the only drink that will settle the morning sickness. I don't drink much, water is my main drink, but it still freaked me out.

I tend to believe other celiac'ers about what has gluten and what doesn't than a phone app.

Being pregnant, you might want to skip the artificial sweeteners and go for full strength. Usually a bit of sugar makes the nausea better.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: