Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Prenatal Vitamins

4 posts in this topic

I was formally diagnosed with Celiac's about two weeks ago and started a gluten free diet. I found out last week that I'm pregnant. I went to the pharmacy to get a prenatal vitamin, I read the ingredients on the label and I fairly certain it is gluten free...my question, is reading the labels on a medicine bottle enough?

I also just realized by playing around with an Iphone app that sprite zero has gluten. :(

I think I will start scanning everything I buy now...even if it says gluten free.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

Many of these phone apps are incorrect. Not sure if its because they haven't gotten an official statement from the manufacturer or what. I have never seen a mainstream soda with gluten in it in the US.

Nature made seems to make many gluten free vitamins

http://www.naturemade.com/products/segments/prenatal-multivitamins

Thanks for the link!! I'm actually taking that brand of prenatals. I feel great to have found a product on my own that is safe!! Empowering.

The app that said sprite zero has gluten said it was from the "natural flavors" ...this is about the only drink that will settle the morning sickness. I don't drink much, water is my main drink, but it still freaked me out.

I tend to believe other celiac'ers about what has gluten and what doesn't than a phone app.

Thanks for the link!! I'm actually taking that brand of prenatals. I feel great to have found a product on my own that is safe!! Empowering.

The app that said sprite zero has gluten said it was from the "natural flavors" ...this is about the only drink that will settle the morning sickness. I don't drink much, water is my main drink, but it still freaked me out.

I tend to believe other celiac'ers about what has gluten and what doesn't than a phone app.

Being pregnant, you might want to skip the artificial sweeteners and go for full strength. Usually a bit of sugar makes the nausea better.