Can Celiac Or Food Allergies Cause Post Nasal Drip?
Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:02 PM
Yep...son has had since he was about 8....currently 19. Has improved since gluten removal at 15...but sadly not completely gone.
Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years
3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive
10/25/13 - MCAS
Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile
ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs - using Peer Reviewed Publications...
along with input from the best medical professionals you can find.
Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:00 AM
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:30 PM
Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:13 PM
Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:46 AM
Don't know what it could be except that it gets much worse after I've eaten... it's really aggravating. I still haven't gone dairy-free, though it's on the agenda. If you find out anything please post.
Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:23 AM
Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.
Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:00 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users