Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Item One-Offs In Seattle

7 posts in this topic

So I've done a few emails because I'm trying to find out if some things I liked prior to going gluten-free are still edible for me. I'll list what I can here, please contribute. please note that I personally do not have a sensitivity to cross-contamination, so take that into account.

Dillettante Chocolate - this place sells pastries, they're the chocolate version of a Starbuck's. On the other hand, I was pleased to find out from their website that their delicious caramel sauce is gluten-free. So I can still have my caramel latte. No gluten-free pastries, though.

Taco del Mar - they have a HUGE and comprehensive "allergen chart" on their website. I'd say a good 85-90% of the menu is gluten-free, which is awesome. Baja fresh mexican food!

Specialty's - yes, it's a bakery, so I can't have any pastries/bread/etc. :( BUT an email to them confirmed that while the cross-contamination is a factor, there is no gluten actually IN their delightful mini-quiches. YUM.

Red Mango - Red Mango frozen yogurt is all-natural, nonfat or lowfat, kosher and certified gluten-free. please note that the additions you can get for the yogurt may not be, as I know they have waffle cones and graham cracker crust bites. But the fresh fruit is sooooo good.

Anyone else have any locations or singular items, especially in Downtown Seattle? (where I work)

Thanks,

Meg

Ads by Google:

So I've done a few emails because I'm trying to find out if some things I liked prior to going gluten-free are still edible for me. I'll list what I can here, please contribute. please note that I personally do not have a sensitivity to cross-contamination, so take that into account.

Dillettante Chocolate - this place sells pastries, they're the chocolate version of a Starbuck's. On the other hand, I was pleased to find out from their website that their delicious caramel sauce is gluten-free. So I can still have my caramel latte. No gluten-free pastries, though.

Taco del Mar - they have a HUGE and comprehensive "allergen chart" on their website. I'd say a good 85-90% of the menu is gluten-free, which is awesome. Baja fresh mexican food!

Specialty's - yes, it's a bakery, so I can't have any pastries/bread/etc. :( BUT an email to them confirmed that while the cross-contamination is a factor, there is no gluten actually IN their delightful mini-quiches. YUM.

Red Mango - Red Mango frozen yogurt is all-natural, nonfat or lowfat, kosher and certified gluten-free. please note that the additions you can get for the yogurt may not be, as I know they have waffle cones and graham cracker crust bites. But the fresh fruit is sooooo good.

Anyone else have any locations or singular items, especially in Downtown Seattle? (where I work)

Thanks,

Meg

PF Chang's in Westlake Mall has an extensive gluten free menu. I have celiac disease plus diagnosed reactions to dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. PFC is so allergy friendly. If you ask the waiter for gluten free menu and mention you have other allergies, the manager almost instantly appears at your table to talk to about which entrees will work for you. I also carry a laminated allergy awareness list of my allergens, which I send with my waiter to the chef preparing myfood. If gluten is your only concern PFC will be easy for you.

Thanks,

Meg

There are a whole bunch of places in Seattle. Off the top of my head:

Chaco Canyon Cafe (West Seattle and U District) have a lot of raw and gluten free items.

Flying Apron Cafe (Fremont and Redmond) have a lot of gluten free baked goods (they're entirely gluten free).

We went to Cactus this past weekend in Kirkland. It has a fantastic and extensive gluten free menu. And the food was delicious! I believe they are also located in Madison Park.

I've been meaning to also try Blue Moon Burgers.

Anthony’s Home Port (+)

Multiple Locations

BJ's Brewhouse (+)

1159 Southcenter Mall, Tukwila, WA 98188

(206) 439-7500

Blue C Sushi

468 Southcenter Mall, Tukwila, WA 98188

(206) 277-8744 Also in Seattle & Bellevue

Blue Moon Burgers

Multiple Locations

Cactus (+)

2820 Alki Avenue Southwest Seattle, WA 98116

206-933-6000

Café Flora

2901 E. Madison St. Seattle WA 98112

206-325-9100

Chipotle Mexican Grill (- +)

Multiple Locations

Claim Jumper (+)

Multiple Locations

Da Vinci Café & Bakery

10003 Greenwood Ave N. Seattle, WA 98133

206-782-5735

Dukes (+)

Multiple Locations

East India Grill

31845 Gateway Blvd. S. Federal Way, WA 98003

253-529-9292

Friesenburgers

308 East 26th Street Tacoma

(253) 203-6753

Garlic Jims (+)

Multiple Locations

Graces 5

8110 164th Avenue Northeast Redmond, WA 98052

(425) 636-8151

Keg Steak Houses (+)

Multiple Locations

Maggiano's (+)

10455 Ne 8th St, Bellevue, WA

(425) 519-6476

Mitzels American Kitchen

22330 84th Avenue South Kent, WA

(253) 395-3635 Manager Debbie gluten-free, rest of staff not as knowledgeable so use caution!

Nordstroms Marketplace Café

100 Southcenter Mall Tukwila, WA 98188

(206) 246-0400

Outback Steakhouse

Multiple Locations

Old Spaghetti Factory (- +)

Multiple Locations

P.F. Chang's (+)

Multiple Locations

Ram Restaurant & Brewery

Multiple locations

Razzis (+ +)

8523 Greenwood Ave N Seattle, WA 98103

(206) 782-9005

Red Robins (+ )

Multiple Locations

Señor Moose Café (+)

5242 Leary Ave NW Seattle, WA 98107

(206) 784-5568

Taco Del Mar (- +)

Multiple Locations

Taco Time

Multiple Locations

Z'Tehas Southwest Grill

535 Bellevue Square at NE 8th and Bellevue Way NE Bellevue WA 98004

206-542-1462

Great Links to Popular gluten-free Restaurants:

http://www.findmeglutenfree.com/us/wa/seattle

http://www.glutenfreeregistry.com

http://guidetoglutenfree.com/seattle-dining/

http://www.urbanspoon.com

http://foodallergyinfo.org/wiki/index.php?title=GreaterSeattleArea

http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/restaurants/

http://www.gluten.net/find-a-restaurant-search.aspx

http://www.theceliacscene.com

Great gluten-free Restaurants Smart Phone Apps with current iTunes Rating:

Find Me Gluten Free (4.5 Stars)

Gluten Free (4 Stars)

Gluten Free Registry (4 Stars)

Dish Freely – Gluten Free (3.5 Stars)

Gluten Free Fast Food (2 Stars)

iCan Eat On The Go Gluten Free (2.5 Stars)

Gluten Freed (2 Stars)

Gluten Free Restaurants (Not yet rated)

There's a little place in Sumner called "The Buttered Buscuit" with a good gluten-free menu. Their gluten-free crepes are just to-die-for...

And there's a new yarn store in the north Kent / south Renton area that's putting in a gluten-free bakery.

I would also like to add a couple more to the list

Portage Bay Cafe -several locations in Seattle - I had the buckwheat pancakes - but they also make gluten-free french toast. All these come with their "fruit bar" ( fresh fruit toppings)They have a nice selection of gluten-free items for breakfast!

Wildfin - in Issaquah and Renton - has en extensive gluten-free menu. However there is a disclaimer that the food is not prepared separately - and when I asked, they do not have a designated fryer. But - with that said - I felt like there were plenty of safe options. I had clam chowder for the first time in seven months :D