Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Food Nutritionist Or Naturopathic Doctor In Western Or?

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a doctor who specializes in food allergies. Gluten intolerance runs in my family along with many other food intolerances. My daughter also has mild autism and we're looking for someone to guide us in her nutritional needs. I've been seeing a naturopathic doctor, but he's expensive and requires me to pay for another doctor's visit to get any test results. Is that normal for naturopaths?

Ads by Google:

I'm looking for a doctor who specializes in food allergies. Gluten intolerance runs in my family along with many other food intolerances. My daughter also has mild autism and we're looking for someone to guide us in her nutritional needs. I've been seeing a naturopathic doctor, but he's expensive and requires me to pay for another doctor's visit to get any test results. Is that normal for naturopaths?

What city are you close to? I'm in the central Willamette Valley, I like my doctor at Samaritan Heartspring. Their specialty is "integrative medicine", they bring the best of both medical worlds together. They are expensive too, but if you have insurance all the major carriers pay them.

I had one charge for it when all I was doing was picking them up to take to a gi. Forced me into an appointment. I don't see her anymore.

I always ask to get the lab sheet, run labs, then get results at next visit for my thyroid...so I get the lab sheet at the Dec. visit for May's test. Make sense?

If its any consolation MD's pull the same crap.

I'd try integrative first.

Yes, and it works the other way round too.  I just had to pay a general surgeon $95 to drive an hour to her office so that she could confirm that, yep, that's a mole and it should be removed (after my gp had referred me for its removal), and then drive an hour home and drive back in three days later so she could charge me $250 to remove it (it took all of 15 minutes total).  Cost me $95 plus $20 additional for gas or an extra $115 for that sucker. :ph34r: And they wonder why the cost of living is so high and people drive so much :rolleyes: