3 replies to this topic

#1 LuckyAtlas84

LuckyAtlas84

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

As I attempt at doing the gluten challenge after be gluten free since New year's day. I have been aiming on get tested for Celiac panel. Before I decides to make appointment with doctor to take that and I needed to boost my gluten antibodoies again by do gluten challenge as voluntory.

I discovered that once as I ate those bad pizza rolls in attempt to eat some kind of gluteny. two hours later, I was very tired and fatique is so crazy that my brain became foggy. I was cleaning kitchen cabinents and go up and down the little stand. I has to stop and sitting feel so so so tired that I want to lay down but i pushed myself. I guess I pushed myself bit too hard and I became very moody and very impatient at anything that dont go in the way. My mother step in the house from the work saw me and asked me about something. I sorta of snapped at converstation. :angry:

My mother was like ...... what the heck is going on... I said so sorry and i decided to stop work and go to my room to just cool down. it did helped bit. :( Later on, I went back and start finishing cleaning. I yet feel so so tired again and feel like fainting. :huh:

Isn't this associates with eating gluten as challenge provoked my behavior to be so anger and grumpy once gluten is back in the system? :blink:

I could see huge difference in my behavior and I am wide awake at 2 am with bad heartburn since i has one slice of garlic toast with my dinner since i am try do gluten challenge. two hours later, I feel so tired so i went to bed extra early but now I am up wide awake. its like gluten is giving me some kind of food coma? UGH to that. :ph34r:
Still in process of searching for answers to my symptoms

Disagnosed with PCOs Dec 2010
Disagnosed with Asthma Sept 1993

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

I was exhausted and stressed during my challenge last summer. I was sleeping 15 hours a day, and could barely drag myself through the day. I also found my gastrointestinal symptoms got worse. I was bad enough after 3 weeks that my doctor told me to stop.in

Call your doctor for advice if it gets too bad. My moods started to improve almost as soon as I went gluten-free.

For me, the positive of the experience was to convince me that I had a gluten problem, and I will never be tempted to eat gluten.
Good luck with the challenge
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#3 LuckyAtlas84

LuckyAtlas84

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Thank you for response, :) I feel bit better by knowing that I can continuing on gluten challenge and try to just take things easy. :wacko:

here to the challenge! :rolleyes: I am thinking of just do one meal of gluten and two meals of gluten free or i should shove lot of gluten as I can? :huh:
Still in process of searching for answers to my symptoms

Disagnosed with PCOs Dec 2010
Disagnosed with Asthma Sept 1993

#4 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

There is different advice around, but 1 meal is about right.
Hope you get some answers, but do come here with questions, and if you need to rant :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: