20 replies to this topic

#16 anonymous_123

anonymous_123

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

What about those falling type dreams? Would those count? Holy cow, between those and waking up and not being able to move (sleep paralisis?) its a wonder i got any sleep. I don't get the sleep paralisis ones anymore (yay!), i still, on a very rare occasion get the falling ones. I would wake up from one feeling like my heart was about to leap out of my chest. Not to mention the falling jitters... eeek....

the sleep paralisis dreams are scary! i get those and i hate them...they freak me out!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 lil'chefy

lil'chefy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

One other thing I thought I would mention is that there are times when I feel also very dizzy right when I wake up and actually if I wake up too abruptly and get up, like to check on an upset child I pass out, and have done this a couple of times. It doesn't happen often but has happened a couple of times.

Wow, this happens to me to! Do you think it is celiac related? Or a hypothyroid issue? What is your blood pressure like?

#18 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

I don't know if this will help you or not, but some people with mild sleep apnea benefit from sleeping in an XL tee shirt with 3 tennis balls sewn down the back. You stick a ball in an athletic sock, stich it up, and repeat twice (at intervals) , then sew the sock onto the back of a tee shirt. I'm not even close to being Betty Crocker, but I made one of those. (Hand stitched.)

I looked for a link and found this U Tube thing. It's a sales pitch but it explains the reason, and gives you something to go on.

Dr's used to recommend sewing them vertically, it looks like this guy prefers horizontal, and coozie cups or cut up noodles vs. tennis balls.

The tennis balls are to prevent you from sleeping on your back so that your airways aren't as restricted by your uvula. (I probably didn't spell that correctly.) Anyway, that might be worth a try before you have to pay out of pocket for a CPAP or oxygen. If you qualified for insurance, I'm pretty sure your doctor would have ordered it. That doesn't mean that you don't have a sleep problem, just that insurance probably won't cover it.

Let us know if you give it a whirl how it turns out!
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#19 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

I don't know if this will help you or not, but some people with mild sleep apnea benefit from sleeping in an XL tee shirt with 3 tennis balls sewn down the back. You stick a ball in an athletic sock, stich it up, and repeat twice (at intervals) , then sew the sock onto the back of a tee shirt. I'm not even close to being Betty Crocker, but I made one of those. (Hand stitched.)

I looked for a link and found this U Tube thing. It's a sales pitch but it explains the reason, and gives you something to go on.

Dr's used to recommend sewing them vertically, it looks like this guy prefers horizontal, and coozie cups or cut up noodles vs. tennis balls.

The tennis balls are to prevent you from sleeping on your back so that your airways aren't as restricted by your uvula. (I probably didn't spell that correctly.) Anyway, that might be worth a try before you have to pay out of pocket for a CPAP or oxygen. If you qualified for insurance, I'm pretty sure your doctor would have ordered it. That doesn't mean that you don't have a sleep problem, just that insurance probably won't cover it.

Let us know if you give it a whirl how it turns out!

This is a fantastic idea!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#20 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

I think using it a couple of weeks are enough to train youself to sleep on your side.

The other thing I thought of is getting a copy of your sleep study analysis.

If you live in the US, you qualify for oxygen if you spend 30 minutes or more under 88% oxygen saturation. Most insurance companies honor that. It would be good to know how many desaturation events you had, and how long the study was for.

Sometimes doctors miss things.
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#21 Dugudugu

Dugudugu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

They had to put the settings to 23/18 in order to accomplish saturation to their satisfaction during my sleep study. The day following I vomited and had diarrhea most of the day - haven't been that sick in a long time, even with gluten. So I was definitely not interested in pursuing that avenue of unwellbeing. They took my blood gases before the study, but they should have taken them after the study. :ph34r:

The pressures are HUGE! Bloodgasses are needed before therapy, and yes, also after a night's sleep. I only have a few clients with pressures like these. Its tough for them to be compliant. Again, I am happy for you the oxygen-solution will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: