Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

After 'glutened' Do Symptoms Stop Then Come Back?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jamie1450

Jamie1450

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

My son is almost 2 (been gluten-free for 4 mths) and at a playdate a week ago today he found a rouge piece of pizza from my friend's kids' lunch and took a bite. Alas the next morning he work up totally out of it, rolling around on the floor, super super fussy and had NASTY chemically ,not sure how that came out of a human, smelling poop. He didn't poop the next day but was acting normal again. Then on Monday he was back to his normal BM schedule but his poop still smelled chemically, and over the coarse of last week it got better and I thought the reaction was done. Well, this morning he pooped and it was really loose, pale and OH MY HEAVENS barf!! My whole house smells like the chemical poop, my four year old almost started crying, I can still taste it, it's in my nose. Yuck! I've gone over and over how he could have been glutened again but I'm at a loss. We don't keep any food with gluten in our house, we changed out almost all of our cooking equipment & we've been home sick all week.

Does anyone else know what I mean by the chemical smelling poop? I have 3 kids, changed thousands of diapers & I've never experienced it except with him.

Do symptoms of the reaction get better and then get worse?

Could it be he just has bad smelling poop, he didn't eat anything new yesterday except Kettle Cheddar Cheese Chips which say gluten-free right on the label?

I just feel bad for my little guy and his bright red bum. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Well, the only thing i can think of is to get him to drink plenty of fluids which should help "flush" his body out. I've heard of some celiacs having a reaction that can last up to a month or so.

Poor guy. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: