5 replies to this topic

#1 gancan

gancan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Does anyone know if Margherita's Turkey Pepperoni is gluten free? I am making pizza tonight and I forgot to check the pepperoni - I can't find it on their website and I am wondering what the "natrual flavors" are? I think the regular pepperoni is but I got the turkey on for myself and now i'm not sure if I will even use it. Let me know if anyone else has tried it with no problems, thanks!!!!!!
10/2012 - gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,359 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Does anyone know if Margherita's Turkey Pepperoni is gluten free? I am making pizza tonight and I forgot to check the pepperoni - I can't find it on their website and I am wondering what the "natrual flavors" are? I think the regular pepperoni is but I got the turkey on for myself and now i'm not sure if I will even use it. Let me know if anyone else has tried it with no problems, thanks!!!!!!

Hope I got to you early enough for the game time pizza!
Natural flavors do not necessarily mean gluten. If there is any wheat or wheat derivatives in the pepperoni, the label will say "contains wheat."
That's the beauty of food labeling laws. And if there is any malt, oats. rye or barley in the product, it should be listed in the ingredients.

If you do not see it on the label, do not worry about it.

Read this really great article about "natural flavors", extracts etc. from registered dietician and celiac- savvy nutritionist, Tricia Thompson:

http://www.glutenfre...ey-gluten-free/

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 gancan

gancan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

thank you so much!!!
10/2012 - gluten free

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,359 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

thank you so much!!!

You bet---is there still time to make the pizza??? :D

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#5 gancan

gancan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

well i put chicken on to be safe but now that i have all the ingredients AND peace of mind im going to make more soon reading all the ingredients is so confusing sometimes! thanks for your help! my pizza was loaded with peppers onions mushrooms and cheese plus a little chicken so i was happy :-) and the best part was my husband LOVED the pizza and ate so much he was so stuffed... i used gluten free bisquick for dough
10/2012 - gluten free

#6 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,359 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Glad it worked out---- and a stuffed hubs is a happy hubs (at least in my house!) ;) cheers!

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: