2 replies to this topic

#1 godsmissiongal

godsmissiongal

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

I have been experiencing symptoms for quite some time and never really thought much about it. I have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes, fibromyalgia, PCOS (Metabolic Syndrome), and Vitamin D deficiency. I am overweight and have persistant constipation/diarhea. I thought it might be something with my gallbladder but that doesn't make since. I feel bloated and sick to my stomach all the time. I eat lots of bread and pasta. Every time I eat beef or any fatty meat I have extreme stomach pain and diarhea for hours. I also have noticed sensitivity to anything with sugar or lactose. Could this all be related? I did go on weight watchers about 2 years ago and went almost completely off of bread. I felt better, more energy, less fibro pain, no head aches, and very little diarhea. Then I went off of the diet because I got lazy about watching what I was eating. Within days I was back to feeling sluggish and my fibro pain exploded. Could this all be Celiac?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Before you do this, please get tested. If you were to go off of it now, and down the line decide you want to have an actual dx, then you'd have to do a gluten challenge and it might end up being worse than what you experienced before.

Also, gallbladders can act up in the presence of fatty/greasy foods. You could also have an issue with it as well going on.

#3 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

This could most definitely be celiac disease, and my advice is to go get the testing before you think about not eating gluten. Your symptoms are pretty classic. The celiac panel consists of the following tests:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
Total Serum IgA

You need to have all the tests run because you will most likely not test positive on all of them. If they must omit some, I would have them omit the first two, as the older tests.

If you go gluten free before testing you have to resume eating it to be tested, and for some this is a very painful process because you react more strongly than before. :(
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009