Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Carageenan

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone else react to this? I get severe stomach issues/pain and end up in the bathroom a lot if I eat this. It seems to be in a lot of things and is a thickener. I read that it has been known to cause to stomach inflammation but I do not know if that was from a credible source. It's in a lot of yogurts, dips, some almond milk, soy milk, some candy bars like payday and a lot of other things.

Ads by Google:

Its a type of seaweed i believe. Its also part of the reason why i don't do icecream anymore. I have yet to figure out if it was the chocolate or that that got me (major desert like cotton mouth and throat for about 4 hours, nothing i did stopped it).

I should note that i've had whipping cream with it in it, and didn't react then... but still <_<

I also get GI distress and feel unwell after eating it so I've had to remove it totally from my diet. It seems like there are a lot of us whose systems do not tolerate it!

Jennifer Esposito has info on this on her website-Jennifer's Way.

She played Jackie on CBS Blue Bloods-they kicked her off the show, because of her Celiac Disease.