4 replies to this topic

#1 CommonTater

CommonTater

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Last night we ate a hotdog (no bun) for supper, we know they are gluten free. I just made put the mustard, chili, onions and slaw on top of the hotdog. The canned chili looked to be okay, I didn't see anything that looked like wheat. Anyway I'm hurting pretty bad and have been in and out of the bathroom all day. :unsure: :wacko: :huh:
I am assuming that it wasn't safe, maybe cross contamination in the factory. It was Kroger Hotdog chili sauce.

I don't think I'll want chili for a while BUT for the future, does anyone know of a chili that is safe?

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

I like Hormel Stagg chili. It's labeled gluten free.

#3 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thank you

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#4 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

I use Castleberry's chili on my hot dogs. And have you tried the Udi's hot dog buns? I love them, and that way I can have a "real" hot dog.

#5 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

I had tried Udi's, I just find all the breads dry and an odd texture so I do without. I only use bread when we have a grilled cheese sandwich which is not too often for me.

I'll make sure he buys Castleberry's, I bought that years ago and liked it but now that my husband does the shopping.....he looks for deals. He said he didn't see wheat listed on the Kroger Brand, neither did I but I sure got sick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: