#1 jhol

jhol

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

ok
ive been trying to be gluten and dairy free for 2 weeks now( 90% id say) im having trouble saying no when someones made me a dinner or if im out shopping an we go for lunch. so my acid reflux has completely disappeared but my sleep patterns have changed.
from sleeping from 12 midnight to 7.15 in the morning, no dreams, no waking up- dont think id have noticed if a brass band had played a whole concert in my bedroom, to literally not being sleepy, im wide awake and when i finally sleep im having vivid dreams of the willy wonka/ texas chainsaw massacre variety :unsure: . its completely doing my head in!!! last night i woke up, lay there a bit - wide awake and thought oh well i may as well get up. when i checked the clock it was 3.45am , i cant cope not sleeping and coz my symptoms are anxiety related i find im overanalyzing the dreams.
is this common to have your sleep patterns change when going gluten free coz it driving me bonkers!!!!! :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 coco676

coco676

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hi, I have had vivid dreams/nightmares for a while but I haven't noticed any corelation between what I eat and what I dream about. I find that if I nap 15 minutes in the evening that I don't have any nightmares during my real sleep.

#3 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Could be your symptoms of gluten withdrawal. :ph34r:
Michigan

#4 jhol

jhol

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

thanks for the replies,

think im over the worst lol. still waking up in the night but my sleep is more like it was.( and no homicidal maniacs running about causing havoc )  :)

#5 kliet

kliet

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I've noticed crazy dreams as well. ........and troubles sleeping. I found out about the celiac a month ago. I was very careful, but got glutened when I ate at a restaurant (twice in the same week!)

I'm feeling extremely tired and my whole body hurts. My doctor says it's normal and might take a while to get back to normal.

I cannot wait

#6 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

I was very careful, but got glutened when I ate at a restaurant (twice in the same week!)

You might be wise to limit restaurant eating for a while until you get more experienced with the diet and which places are safe to eat at ;)

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 jhol

jhol

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I've noticed crazy dreams as well. ........and troubles sleeping. I found out about the celiac a month ago. I was very careful, but got glutened when I ate at a restaurant (twice in the same week!)

I'm feeling extremely tired and my whole body hurts. My doctor says it's normal and might take a while to get back to normal.

I cannot wait

hiya,

welcome to the forum - just thought id let you know im 10 weeks gluten free ( with a few slip ups)and i havent had a crazy dream since. must have been gluten withdrawal.i also got a crop of very nasty spots on my bottom!! which i was extremely worried about :wacko: - theyve gone and not been back. that gluten can do some weird stuff lol  any problems any questions , just ask- people will always reply and try to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: