Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Flu Or Something Else?

10 posts in this topic

So i woke up this morning and went about my morning routine. I did a few things before i had breakfast, just to get them out of the way. Then i made my way into the kitchen when it started.

I got a full frontal (from my arm pits down to the lower part of my gut) cramps. Now, i need to mention that my cycle started yesterday, but this is far beyond what that normally does. It felt so bad i had to go curl up in a ball on the couch. It kinda hurt to breathe as well. It eventually let up enough for me to go get a plate out of the cabnit before it hit again. Back to the couch i go. Once it let up i was able to eat something very starchy (left over coffee cake, something that is easy enough to grab) and it tried to go for a third time while i was eating (not as bad as the first two but still bad).

I layed there for quite some time before i decided to make an appointment to get seen at the health center.

This pain reminded me of when i had my gallbladder still, the intensity and everything. My stool has been quite loose since and has some undigested material in it (apples?), which is very weird for me. No fever yet, but i feel like i've been hit by a truck.

I thought it was my GERD throwing a fit because i hadn't eaten, but i don't think so now. What do you guys think?

Ads by Google:

Do you think that maybe your were CC somehow? It sure sounds like it. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Do you think that maybe your were CC somehow? It sure sounds like it. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Not that i'm aware of. My kitchen is my gluten-free zone and i don't eat outside of it.

I should also mention i'm generally around a lot of people during the week due to classes :unsure:

I just read an article in my local paper about the flu. People have been getting really sick this year from it. Since you don't think you have been glutened, I bet you picked up a bug! UGH...Hang in there and feel better. Make sure that you drink enough so that you dont get dehydrated.

Hey shadow, hope you feel better soon.

The thing I had struck the start of my period too, and had me in bed 36 hours. Now I don't know if it was bad case of monthly, cc or a bug. I helped in my son's school the day before so my money is on bug.

Can't help much, but sending sympathy and virtual starchy foods :).

Mw

Well i went to my appointment, its either a virus or a mild case of the flu, despite my shot. I had a fever and was told not to go to class. I'ma gonna go back to bed now i think.

I jinxed it. My stomach is out for me now. I've gotten hit bad by the "D". :(

There's a new improved Norovirus going around. It's wicked.

:blink:

I'm still feeling off today, but better than i was on friday. Hopefully, this "bug" is on its way out.

I just saw you aren't feeling well. Yuck. I hope it passes soon.

I wanted to mention that I've had something like this lately too. For a few weeks I felt a bit "carsick"/motion sick thay gave a odd pressure behind my face. That went away and I started getting bad stomach cramps. It was the old raw gut feeling, along with cold chills, that I used to get when glutened but I haven't changed my diet. After a couple of weeks it's starting to go but when a bm is approaching it happens all over again... Definitely a strange virus because I don't feel particularly sick.

Anyway, I hope you start to feel well this weekend.