2 replies to this topic

#1 Jen_1984

Jen_1984

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

About 2 weeks ago, after a positive DGP IgG, I had suspicions that I had celiac disease . And I for about a week I have been gluten free and felt a marked improvement in the way I felt. My little guy has had some strange symptoms so I suspected he had a milk allergy. My daughter, he and I all went to the allergist and haf the prick test. My lucky daughter was not allergic to anything and my little boy does have an allergy to watermelon. However, I had a very strong, itchy welt and the doc looked at it and says "You are very allergic to milk"! He even gave me benadryl before I left his office. I felt sick and immediately got a headache in his office. I cannot believe I have milk allergy. Well I asked if the positive DGP IgG was related to the dairy and he said no that I probably have celiac AND a dairy allergy and he advised going paleo. He said its not uncommon to have both celiac and a dairy allergy. He said to stay away from butter, cheese, chocolate and any milk related food. In just a couple weeks after I basically found out I cannot eat gluten, I also find out I have a pretty bad milk allergy. I feel so limited as to what I can eat and feel overwhelmed. Anyone else have a milk allergy here along with celiac? See any improvement after quitting dairy?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jen_1984

Jen_1984

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

I want to apologize for all the errors in my post, I am on my phone and trying to post.

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

a lot of people around here have dairy allergies too, although I'm not sure if it's more than the general population. I do know that more celiacs have lactose intolerances than the general population, problems with casein are common too.

I personally have a lactose intolerance. When I eat dairy I get a stomach ache and gluten like symptoms. I've never tested for allergies.

Best wishes with the gluten-free diet. the first few weeks are hard to get used to but it is very simple after that. Good luck.
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: