#1 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image

Looks like this one could be aweful. I will be sending warming thoughts and prayers your way.

Be safe!!!

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

turkey-hiding.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Posted Image

Looks like this one could be aweful. I will be sending warming thoughts and prayers your way.

Be safe!!!

Colleen

Excellent use of a smiley!

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Once we teach 'em how to use 'em , there's no stopping 'em now. :lol:

Thanks for the well wishes, Colleen! xx

If I can survive the Blizzard of '78, I can survive this one too.
(that one was a doozy!)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 Opa3

Opa3

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers . I got my new 10K generator ready. A lesson from Storm Sandy.

#5 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

I was there for the blizzard of '78. By the time they let us out of work it was 3:30 and the snow was already over the bumpers of our cars. I had a VW Beetle and my Dad (who worked in the same place) followed me home. He told me not to stop for any reason - even at the stop signs! He said just roll down your window so you can see if anyone is coming, and if they are, slow down enough to let them get past and then just pull out around them. He was driving a pickup truck and he said if he slid off the road I should just keep going as he wouldn't be going fast enough to get hurt. We had a LONG and very steep hill to climb on the way home. Cars were sliding down sideways at me but I just drove around them. My trysty VW never skidded once. Dad made it home a few minutes after I arrived and we all stayed home for the next three days. Governor Ella Grasso shut the state down. The only vehicles allowed on the roads were snowplows and emergency vehicles.

My sister had a four-year-old boy with a 106 fever at the time. He was hospitalized and my sister and her husband stayed at the hospital for those three days. They never did figure out what was wrong with him but by the time the blizzard was over his fever was down and they let them all go home.

Some of my co-workers never made it home until it was all over. One guy in particular had quite the story to tell. He was driving on I-395 on his way from Moosup Ct. to Putnam. He couldn't go anymore so he pulled into a closed down rest area. There were a few other people who had also pulled in there. There was no electrity or heat there as it had been closed down for a couple of years. They ended up pulling the molding off the walls and burning them for heat. Finally the a snowplow noticed the smoke and pulled in. They were eventually all driven home.

I now live in "the banana belt" of South Dakota where they have NEVER had such a storm. All my friends thought I'd move back to Ct. after the first winter. But in the nine years I have lived here we have only had one major storm. We got two feet that day, and by two days later it had all melted. Other than that, six or seven inches is the biggest storm I have seen and those are very infrequent.

I think I'll call my friends to see if they are OK and I'll TRY not to brag too much about the 50 degree weather we have had here for the past couple of weeks! :lol:

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#6 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

I am now a smiley master. Posted Image

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

turkey-hiding.gif

#7 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image bravo

You're a nutball. (and I like that in a girl.....)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#8 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

You guys are so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

(must check out this smiley thingy)

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#9 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

You guys are so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

(must check out this smiley thingy)

Sweetie. Go here.

http://www.sherv.net...-emoticons.html

right click on the one you want, then left click on "copy image"
I know you like kitties, so here!

Posted Image

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#10 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

My Blizzard of '78 story:

I was 21.
College classes were cancelled for a week. (unheard of in Boston)
I had some very fun friends and we liked to go to clubs.

It was 1978. I was young, I had a Farrah Fawcett hairdo!!.

You fill in the blanks.

Posted Image

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#11 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Posted ImageYay! I did it first try.
Banana bread is in the oven.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#12 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Wow, I am impressed. My hair would never take a Farrah Fawcett, but I thought she was so cool. I managed a floppy Lady Di for a while, but it wasn't very good :)

Oh, and good luck in the storm....
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#13 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

We are going to just get the edge of the storm. They are predicting that most of the storm will be north of me.

**the storm of 78 ,, I was living in Virgina beach at the time but my family got hit hard **

I am smile faced challenged,, even with your instructions I STILL CAN NOT DO IT <_<

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

#14 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

I am smile faced challenged,, even with your instructions I STILL CAN NOT DO IT <_<

Keep trying. I was once emoticon challenged too and used to beg Karen, Jestgar and Peter to please do it for me. :lol:
Now, I am an emoticon-posting champ.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#15 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Posted Image

Be safe!!!

Colleen

LOVE the smiley. We're near the epi-center of the storm (Westerly RI). Not as bad as Boston but definite threat of coastal flooding on top of storm.We were fortunate to only lose power for 3 days during Sandy and I pray we don't lose it this time. I can't imagine the amount of thermal layers I will need not have my bug turn into pneumonia. Wish we could have afforded a Power Generator after Sandy but with DH still unemployed there is no way. I pray that you all remain safe and STAY OFF THE ROADS!!!!! I'm hoping to make a trip to my chiropractor before it gets bad. Out of all my health issues my back is bothering me the most.

I'll be sending lots of positive energy, healing hugs, prayers and of course love to my forum family. If we don't lose power I'll try to keep you updated. We're a beach community still reeling from the devastation of Sandy. I hope that everyone gets through it without any devastation.

Loey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: