2. Things I noticed that may or may not matter
- Brain fog
- Social anxiety (a bit)
- Somewhat bad social skills (but normal social life)
- Dont feel emotions as intense as others (but do feel of course)
- Been told I look somewhat melancholic
- Analyse everything/deep thinker/cant turn of thinking many times
2. Things I noticed that may or may not matter
* When I had a lot of pizza as young, the skin in my face would turn bad. It would itch a bit and I could get some bigger than usual pimples.
* Lactose intolerant.
* When i had antibiotics in the last couple of years i almost felt a bit less stressed for a few days. Bit more relaxed. But then back to normal. Even when I wasnt sick and just had some antibiotics to be safe.
* The cant-turn-of-thinking has gotten worse the last couple of years. 30 years old today. Good shape, gym 5 times a week.
* Have vitiligo, autoimmune disease.
* Very stressful life before.
*Always felt easily stressed out. At least after 17 years old.
* React and feel very strong after taking iron supplements. Tested and got back normal iron levels. React very good to oysters as well. Mental clarity after in less than hour hours. Ate zinc supplements and felt nothing.
* No stressful job for over two years. But still I feel mentally exhausted after for example a cross-fit session (normal gym is fine). It feels good afterwards, but I feel mentally overwhelmed even having a normal discussion. Bodywize/muscle wize i could do another session (with an effort of course).
* Bought a book called practical paleo and followed a meal plan for auto-immune disorders that took out all grains, nightshades, nuts, dairy and maybe something else. My god - within a few days the clarity of my brain was so crisp it shocked me. Social skills went up in some strange way. I didnt get tense when talking to strangers. But I lost 7 kilos in 2 weeks and I was starting to look sick (dont want to loose weight). Switched back to eating rice, soda, nightshades and dairy but no wheat. And i most likely got small amounts of gluten in me when eating out. The effect wore of. But still a bit better when it came to energy levels.
* During this the paleo test I noticed that when i had 5-7 bananas (in an effort to keep my weight) my stomach got bloated and I passed alot of gas.
* Same with sweet potatoes. Bloated as hell even on a small amount.
* Probiotics (biokult brand) seems to relax me in some way. Helps a lot when I had some raw salmon and felt a bit bad. The pills fixed it within 10 min. Happened several times. Used the probiotics about ten times.
* On the paleo test I got so tired from the lack of carbs. Not a brain fog fatigue, but a muscle fatigue.
* On the paleo diet I drank a can of coconut milk (not water) before bed time once to battle the weight loss. Fever for three days! I felt the milk in my stomach and knew straight away it was a bad idea. Always enjoyed cocounut in food before. Tried a small bit of it afterwards and cant really say how i reacted. Too afraid to try more.
* On the paleo, my skin got so fucking good i was shaking my head in disbelief. Im 30 and have no dimples. But the skin got really smooth, soft and a bit "fatty" in a good way. Almost glowing. I stopped using a moisturizer two days after the paleo diet.
* Cholesterol high. Tested.
* Blood pressure somewhat high, 130/??. Pulse always been a bit high, 80 resting pulse.
* Did the adrenal blood pressure test at home. My blood pressure drops 20 points from sitting to standing. Apparently it should increase. And a drop is suppose to indicate adrenal burn out. Which I feel is a pretty safe bet. Its not my work (got burned out two years ago and have been taking it Very easy since then).
* When I lowered the amount of sweet potatoes and ate more meat/fat on the paleo diet, my skin would get better. When I increased the sweet potatoes (my main carb on the diet) I would get dimples. I dont seem to get dimples by rice for example.
* NOW.. The worst thing ever. 5 days ago i decided to reintroduce wheat/gluten.
As I wrote above I most likely got small amounts since I stopped the paleo diet a couple of months ago. But this time I had half a pizza..
I cant say for sure it has any connection. But I woke up that night with my brain going so fast it scared me. Got anxiety, border line panic attacks. Was scared I was going crazy/schizo/developing OCD.. My mind wouldnt stop thinking. It really scared me. Got a rash on my hip the day after as well. Skin dry.
Day after that, I switched back to paleo and 1 hour mindfulness meditation every day. Been doing this for 6 days now. Luckily it wore off. But I can still feel it a little bit. The anxiety is not all gone. And I dont feel as good as last time i went on paleo. Stopped eating sweet potatoes on day 5 and switched butternut squash as source of carb. My facial skin seemed to like that a lot. Or it could be that it took a few days for the diet to kick in. Will try to reintroduce sweet potatoes in a few days.
Whats wrong? Celiac? Any thoughts at all?
Edited by JohanJohan, 09 February 2013 - 08:49 AM.