• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

As you guys know, i've been sick with a virus/flu whatever you wanna call it.

Well today, i decided to eat an apple (bought at the food place on campus, i then washed it like mad) with peanutbutter and honey. I'm all good and fine with that. Then i decided to drink one of the little milk cartons i picked up with it. yeah... not such a good idea.

I should mention right now i ate some sweet potato last night and well, lets say, it didn't turn out well (bad belly ache). I was fine with the rice and a little butter that i had with it (ate that again this morning, no issue, without the butter).

I just got hit with a major "D" type bathroom trip. Yet, for the past two days i've had major "C" (normal after i have a day or two of "D"). It had undigested sweet potato in it as well.

So, whats going on? Is it the sweet potato? The virus/flu? Something else?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cavernio

cavernio

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Too hard to tell. New dairy problem, glutening instead of the flu, the flu is worse, the milk carton had gluten on it, etc.
diagnosed Jan 2012, bloodwork only
June 2012 positive visual of celiac disease from gastroscopy

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,573 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I would say that if you had a stomach virus, your guts are messed up. Those things can get you off whack for awhile. I make the boys eat yogurt ( probiotic) for a few days until it evens out.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

You're probably not over the flu/stomach bug yet.
Dairy Milk ? Uh, maybe.... not yet. Milk with lactose and honey with fructose and your gut just said, not happy with that. Can you do yogurt, to replenish your gut bacteria, after giving it a rest ?
I was couchbound with some sort of virus over Christmas, fortunately never got sick to my stomach/gut because my instincts are to not eat anything weird when that happens, but it totally zapped me out of all energy for 4 days. I just told my over hyped immune system to "sic it" and it progressed really quickly. I could tell it was a virus because of how I felt the day before it started.... unusually flexible, to the point where I noticed it when exercising easily, which means my immune system is prepping up to go after a foreign invader, instead of my joints. Then, the next day, I started to ache a little, got dizzy, and started to sniffle and then it went to my inner ears :ph34r: and I thought, oh well, glad I didn't have anything really planned for the holidays. For the New Year's thing I just took a bottle of my own low sugar agave sweetened soda and a baggie of nuts to munch on. Everybody thinks I have self control - yeah, but combine my known sensitivities with the fear of a latent flu reaction, and you have MOTIVATION. :lol:

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, i'm pretty sure now that its the flu bug thing. :/

I don't have any yogert at the moment, but i'll probably pick some up at the store when i go. :)

I had some plain jane stuff for dinner. So far its kept down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: