2 replies to this topic

#1 123glldd

123glldd

Advanced Community Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Okay so this might seem like a weird question but my husband wanted me to ask about this. A little over a year ago we bought a new USED car. This was before we knew about the gluten issues. We use to eat gluteny food in the car for a few months not to mention we dunno what people had that owned the car before. We would honestly like to get the car professionally cleaned..the seats and all. We've washed the steering wheel and such obviously but the upholstery and floor are something we'd like to get cleaned....anyone know how we'd go about doing this without someone using a gluteny cleaner or something like that?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Okay so this might seem like a weird question but my husband wanted me to ask about this. A little over a year ago we bought a new USED car. This was before we knew about the gluten issues. We use to eat gluteny food in the car for a few months not to mention we dunno what people had that owned the car before. We would honestly like to get the car professionally cleaned..the seats and all. We've washed the steering wheel and such obviously but the upholstery and floor are something we'd like to get cleaned....anyone know how we'd go about doing this without someone using a gluteny cleaner or something like that?

You sound like you have done a good cleaning already. A great wipe down and a good vacume would be all you might need. Remember that gluten is a crumb or a smudge left behind, not a bacteria or a germ. :)

My floor matts are not clean. When the days warm up a bit, I'm going to get some Woolite Rug Cleaner and scrub those matts. The content of the cleaner...is not much of a concern to me, although I doubt it is a gluten concern.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 123glldd

123glldd

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

We're also worried because of a virus going around right now after we had been in the doctors office too so we're still curious about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: