8 replies to this topic

#1 crazyfly

crazyfly

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I've looked around and I don't see a place for new members like me to introduce themselves. Am I missing something or should I just dive in maybe describing my diagnosis in that forum?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

I've looked around and I don't see a place for new members like me to introduce themselves. Am I missing something or should I just dive in maybe describing my diagnosis in that forum?

You may dive off the diving board in the section than pertains to your questions.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 crazyfly

crazyfly

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

ok thanks

#4 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Nope. No cheerful greeting for you. Instead you get the immediate helpful support of the people that frequent the section you've chosen.
Problem with the kiddos? Post in the parents section and get the 'hello' from moms and dads who have been there.
Nasty skin problems? Scratch along with the posters in the DH section.
Want to pretend for a little while that you've never heard of gluten? Join us in the 'tickle me elbow' thread or on the song game in the "anything other than..." forum
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#5 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi,

Some people post an introduction in the Celiac Meeting Room. But there is no requirement to do that.

So here's a cheerful greeting for you anyway! Hi ! :D

http://www.celiac.co...c-meeting-room/
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#6 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Welcome Crazyfly!

Post away...there is always someone hanging around that can answer questions or provide a virtual shoulder when needed.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#7 FrustratedMom_of16yrOld

FrustratedMom_of16yrOld

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Hi, I'm new too and I just spent the last hours looking for the same thing! I've never blogged so I'm not sure how to even post my questions.

#8 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hi, I'm new too and I just spent the last hours looking for the same thing! I've never blogged so I'm not sure how to even post my questions.

Judging from your name, I assume you will be posting about your child.  You might try the section called Parents of Kids or Babies, and start a new topic there.  There is a Start a New Topic Button and a space for a caption. :)

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#9 FrustratedMom_of16yrOld

FrustratedMom_of16yrOld

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Judging from your name, I assume you will be posting about your child.  You might try the section called Parents of Kids or Babies, and start a new topic there.  There is a Start a New Topic Button and a space for a caption. :)

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: