Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What's Soy Doing In My F*ing Tea!?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Thanks for the link BC. I guess it doesn't mind the hot tea water at all then. Well, I may try it then. I've had those tea bags sitting around for quite a while and haven't used them yet because they have soy lecithin in them.
Benefits of GanedenBC30:
  • SURVIVABILITY | GanedenBC30 is designed to survive manufacturing and stomach acids acidity to help deliver beneficial bacteria to your digestive system*
  • SHELF STABLE | GanedenBC30 requires no refrigeration
  • COLONIZATION | GanedenBC30 helps colonize the intestines with beneficial bacteria*
  • SAFETY | 50-plus year history of safe use plus three published clinical studies
  • LACTIC ACID PRODUCTION | GanedenBC30 produces the preferred L+ optical isomer of lactic acid*
  • 10x MORE CELLS DELIVERED THAN YOGURT**

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

I'm just glad I noticed this BEFORE I made the tea.
And bwahahahaha about the probiotic (singular). so pointless! Why do probiotics have to be in everything these days. Such a gimmick...

It's just frustrating because it means one more thing that I can't have without thinking about it first (if you can't read the label, don't eat/drink it).

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

#18 ButterflyChaser

ButterflyChaser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

You're welcome, GFinDC.

Pegleg, I think that's because most people tend to eat a terrible diet, which messes up with their GI system, which in many cases may be bettered by probiotics, and it's easier to buy "health food" than making your food healthy, so there's a big, salivating market out there.

I recently had a horrible experience with soy AND wheat in a bottle of shampoo I had had since before doing the elimination diet, and I am an a** because I didn't read the label: I had a flaming, bright red and burning scalp for over two days, and then my skin started scaling off.

My least favourite thing is when "safe" packaged foods think they need a "new effin formula." <_<
Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.
Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.
Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.
No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.
Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

#19 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

My least favourite thing is when "safe" packaged foods think they need a "new effin formula." <_<

And... they call it "new" and "improved" :P Improved to the point where I can't use it any more. :blink:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#20 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Seems like a gimmick to me also (the pro-biotics). About as gimmicky as water bars or oxygen bars. One thing I haven't seen yet is any common-sense bars.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#21 auzzi

auzzi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Soy lecithin is a soy-based emulsifier in the natural flavors used to keep the ingredients in flavoured teas from separating and clumping together.

- no MSG, soy, artificial colors or preservatives...

#22 foam

foam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Different Probiotics stimulate different Interleukins in your immune system. Forget about colonising your intestines. There's must more important things at play here than that. You can practically play your immune system like a piano with probiotics if you get good enough at it. Steep learning curve but I feel myself I wont get better without learning this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: