This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

2 Questions Abt Food Labeling And Baking

jhol

jhol Enthusiast

hello,,

have a question about the labeling of food that seems to be gluten free but has got that "made in a factory that handles"!!! label ... ive seen loads of things that look ok but have this "tag" on the end. are they ok, is the manufacturer just protecting themselves or should i be avoiding them.. :unsure:

i have to say since starting this diet ( even though ive slipped up a few times) i havent had one "dark" or anxious thought and the only time ive had gerd was when i had a smoothie that contained strawberries

.rash on hands is just dry skin now- hopefully it will clear up soon. the rash on face isn,t any better though, - im looking into gluten free cosmetics now.

the other question is about all the different types of gluten free flours there are. all the recipes ive looked at seem to use abt 3 or four different mixes of flour. ive bought a general gluten free flour , rice flour and cornmeal. if i wanted a simple an easy ( hate cooking) flatbread,shortbread or scone mix could i get away just replacing normal flour for the gluten free flour :) .

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

It depends on what your sensitivity level is. It could be that they had a dedicated line for the product, but they also produced gluten containing stuff in another area.

I've got no idea with the backing. I'm no baker lol.

psawyer Proficient

I have no problems with products from shared facilities. Most are, even if they don't say so (the disclosure is voluntary). Is your house 100% gluten-free? If not, then you live in a shared facility.

jhol Enthusiast

thanks,

im off work this week so ive just had a major clear out and clean up of kitchen, so now i can say i am totally gluten and dairy free :) . that answer helps a lot( i mean that, im not being sarcastic lol) :D , i guess im just gonna have to try them and see how things go. i did think i wouldnt be able to, or shouldnt be eating them. ive discovered these moreish spicy chana dahl snacks made of chick peas - they are lovely yum! so i,ll try some baking 2morrow - if its anything like monday when i was making soup - i,ll be having another major clean up of the kitchen :(

Archived