3 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Fairy

Fire Fairy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Have you ever swallowed a little baking soda that was in the air? Well that is how the tip of my tongue feels, like I breathed in a bit of air born baking soda. Thing is it's felt this was for over 12 hours now. Any ideas? Pre-diagnoses of Celiac I wouldn't have thought anything of it but now I pay more attention to odd little things with my body.
If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JoH

JoH

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I've not had that, but food tastes different when I've been glutened. Not better, not worse, but different...
Non-celiac gluten intolerant. Extremely sensitive (my celiac friends use me as their canary in a coal mine). I have been glutened by walking past a bag of flour, petting a dog that just ate gluten-based food, and eating food with my hands among other unique and wonderful ways. If you can think of it, I've done it!

Chronic fatigue, reactive hypoglycemia, transient anteretrograde amnesia affecting episodal memory, sensitivity to light, sound and movement, foggy thinking (I get stupid) / difficulty forming sentences, asthma, IBS, GERD, arthritis, rosacea, seborrheic and atopic dermatitis, gum disease, under-mineralized teeth, easy bruising, soft nails, and hair loss. Also, strangely, food tastes different when I'm glutened.

All symptoms significantly improved or gone on gluten free/allergen free diet, although chronic fatigue, amnesia, reactive hypoglycemia, asthma, and rosacea still persist to varying extents.

Allergic to nightshades, mushrooms, apples, pears, quince, citrus, blue cheese and hemp. Lactose and coconut intolerant. Yes, I cook a lot.

#3 gatita

gatita

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

I've had strange mouth and tongue sensations ever since coming down with my gluten intolerance last year... having it today again. At time I felt it was caused by a vitamin B6 deficiency I've had before, but who knows?

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#4 a1956chill

a1956chill

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

When my blood sugar is very very low, my gums and/or lips get tinglely / kind of numb sensation ( some times even the tip , just the tip,of my nose ,, soooooo very annoying :P )

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

numerous additional intolerances,, i.e. If it tries to kill me I do not eat it .
After 40+ years of misdiagnoses I was diagnosed with:
Dermatitis Herpetiformis : Positive DH biopsy...... Celiac :based on DH biopsy and diet response.

Osteoporosis before  age 50
Hashimoto's thyroiditis disease .

Diagnosed type 2 Diabetes 

Osteoarthritis

Gilbert's Syndrome , confirmed by gene testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: