9 replies to this topic

#1 freeatlast

freeatlast

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

I'm blown away by these low prices. Is this site for real? Has anyone ever bought anything from them? If so, what was your experience like? Do they have high shipping costs?
http://www.swansonvi...CFYxDMgod-g0A6g
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BridgetteIMcleod

BridgetteIMcleod

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

The website claims 4.99 shipping on standard orders. Anything over 50 dollars is free. They say shipping is USPS and/or UPS.
Might be worth a try!

#3 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

The website claims 4.99 shipping on standard orders. Anything over 50 dollars is free. They say shipping is USPS and/or UPS.
Might be worth a try!

If something appears to be too good to be true, it probably is, my instinct tells me. Not ordering unless someone else has had a good experience.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

#4 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Those prices are pretty much what I see at stores in my area, like Ocean State Job Lot
or eXpect discounts. If there's a cut-rate store near you like that, you might be surprised
to find they carry Bob's.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#5 Kmk1966

Kmk1966

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

I haven't ordered flours from swanson's, but I have ordered their vitamin products. They are reputable and have always delivered for me.

#6 Wheatfreeleeshy

Wheatfreeleeshy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

I'm blown away by these low prices. Is this site for real? Has anyone ever bought anything from them? If so, what was your experience like? Do they have high shipping costs?
http://www.swansonvi...CFYxDMgod-g0A6g

That's where I get all my flours! I've been getting my vitamins, etc. from them for years and they're a very reputable company that's been around for decades. When I saw they started carrying health food & gluten-free items at such good prices I was so excited!! I almost never pay any shipping either because I always google coupon codes before ordering and there usually is one. Now here's the best part (why I bought my vitamins from them for all these years) - they offer a 365 day FREE RETURNS on ALL their items!! They seriously need to hire me as their rep cuz I've been so excited to tell all my friends about this ever since I found out. That policy was awesome to have with my supplements so that if my dr took me off something I could always get my $ back. You can return anything bought within a year - even if it's partly used - return shipping is free and they give you a full refund.
:-D <3

#7 Bronwen

Bronwen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Do you have a Big Lots? That's where I get my gluten-free flours . Like 2.99 for bobs

#8 purple

purple

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Swanson is a great company! I have not ordered flours from them but I have bought vitamins, lotion, coconut oil, echinacea, fish oil, etc . They will send you a small catolog with each shipment and you can ask for a big catolog. Shipping is cheap and very, very fast. I have gotten my order in less than a week, usually 3 to 4 business days. Unbeatable prices, sales like "buy one get one free" items. I have had free shipping and free almonds. Go for it!
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

#9 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Do you have a Big Lots? That's where I get my gluten-free flours . Like 2.99 for bobs

We do have a Big Lots, but haven't found the Bob's products I usually am looking for. Could other gluten freezers go there and clean them out? Hummmmmm. The only Bob's I ever see there, and I hardly ever go, is something like muesli or products with oats in them. Never see rice flour or anything like that, or sorghum.

#10 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Thanks everybody. Now that I probably will never use tapioca flour or potato starch again, I've finally found them for less than half what I usually pay. :) :) :) :) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: