#1 celiacosaurus

celiacosaurus

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hi all,

I was biopsy-diagnosed about 5 weeks ago and started a strict gluten-free diet about a month ago. I felt grand for a few days, had my first solid BMs in months, and my fatigue has greatly improved, but for the past couple weeks all of my BMs have been voluminous, watery diarrhea -- no solids at all. I seem to need to go as soon as I wake up, immediately after eating, and sometimes inbetween meals, too (though I don't wake up during the night to go). I also sometimes have trouble getting to the bathroom on time.

I did have loose BMs before diagnosis, but they were always at least semi-solid. I know I need to see the doctor again, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience or has any idea what might be happening.

I've replaced my toaster, pans, cutting board, etc., so I don't think cross-contamination is the issue. I'm experimenting with cutting out lactose, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Do cut out dairy for a bit, all dairy not just lactose but also casien. What are you typically eating? It is best to go with whole foods while healing. If you haven't already make sure you have all your own condiments, nut butters, jellies etc. We do tend to become more sensitive to CC after we have gone gluten free and even small amounts from stuff like meds, baking or cooking with flour for others etc can be a problem.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: