7 replies to this topic

#1 M0mmy0f3

M0mmy0f3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hello. I am a 26 year old female who has been experiencing some GI issues for a couple if years. Up until recently my symptoms were mild and not concerning. In 2010 I had my gallbladder removed. After surgery I began noticing that my bowels had changed. I could no longer eat fried foods, sauces, processed meats, etc without having diarrhea. Since then I can't remember the last time that I had a "normal" BM. Anyhow around Christmas of last year I developed new and alarming symptoms. I experienced diarrhea for 2 weeks straight. No I did not have the stomach by or anything else GI related. During these two weeks I would experience severe aBD pain, sweats, nausea and burping. Just this week the pain was soooo bad I had to leave my 4 year old who had a 103+ fever and my other 2 children with their grandmother at 2a to go to the ER. Along with the above symptoms I also experienced dizziness and felt like I was going to pass out, my heart was racing and I felt so weak. Diarrhea was also accompanied. I also have another symptom not related to GI but over the summer my right hand became really dry ( almost like dermatitis). My right hand is still the same and drs do not believe it to be dermatitis. They have suggested it could be diet related- milk allergy or gluten allergy. I am going to the dr on Friday for a ER follow up and just wanted opinions of others. Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Whatever it is,

Please get well.

I hope the tests will be difinative for you. Many of the symptoms sound like celiac and you need to find out what is causing it and try to solve it.

Diana

#3 M0mmy0f3

M0mmy0f3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thank you! I just hope the drs listen and don't give me the run around!

When others have been tested for celiac disease did they instruct you to go on a gluten free diet first or did they do labs etc???

#4 Takala

Takala

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

They are supposed to do the tests first, the blood tests measure whether or not you have antibodies to the proteins in the wheat family. A lot of people who are celiac or gluten intolerant also become lactose intolerant as a result, this may clear up after being gluten free for a while, so people can add back in cheese or yogurt. Others are casein (milk protein) intolerant and end up off of dairy, fortunately, there are a LOT of tasty non dairy substitutes now like coconut and nut milks, even hemp milk.

#5 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Technically, i've heard that certain foods should be avoided after removal of the gallbladder (fried?) due to "D" issues.

ah, wikipedia has a bit more on it:

http://en.wikipedia....Cholecystectomy

They say up to 20% have unexplained "D" afterwards that clears up? Huh.

#6 M0mmy0f3

M0mmy0f3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

Thank you! My two youngest children have a milk protein allergy. So they are on a soy diet. You can see a reaction if they consume something with casein in it!

I don't always have "D" from eating fried foods. Just French fries take an immediate toll on me. That is why I also thought gluten intolerance. My family eats a lot of pasta and such because my husband is Italian.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get some answers. :)

#7 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

French fries? do you have any other issues with potatos (or nightshades really)?

#8 M0mmy0f3

M0mmy0f3

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Nightshades? I don't know if I have any other issues to potatoes. I just eliminate French fries. I do however experience almost immediate diarrhea after eatting. Pastas, grains especially. :( I always attributed it to not having my gallbladder but once it's removed those symptoms are suppose to be eliminated. I just want to find out what it wrong. I had a ct scan while in the ER and it ruled out appendicitis, Ibs and chrons. ER doc suggested the milk/gluten allergy as did other drs in the past with my hand issue. Just add the past two episodes of extreme adb pain. It scares me. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: