Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Homemade Chocolate

6 posts in this topic

I usually eat the 85% Lindt chocolate bars as my sweet treat for the day (a piece of the bar, not the whole thing!). Recently the stores where I live (Japan) are not carrying it! I have tried others but I don't like them or they state produced in factories with wheat. Today I decided to try to make my own using cocoa powder, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla. It was something I found online. It turned out surprisingly good but a bit "grainy" from the sugar. Has anyone made their own chocolate or have any tried and true recipes????

Ads by Google:

I thought all the Lindt brand chocolate had barley malt in it. I know all their chocolate truffles do. 

I don't suppose your store in Japan carries the Guittard brand chocolate. Guittard products are all made in a gluten free facility. They make mostly baking chips but they're quite good. I had a small handful of giant milk chocolate chips after breakfast this morning.  :wub:

The big online store that is the same name as a river that starts with a A has Enjoy Life chocolate bars.  They are made in a dedicated facility and are pretty good.  I like the Rice crunch one.

Some of the Lindt does have barley malt but the straight 85% doesn't. I'm going to Costco this weekend (4hours away). I'll see what has been imported!