4 replies to this topic

#1 Lanimo

Lanimo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

I have a previous post with more info, but right now I need advice in pain management. I ended up in the ER last night for abdominal pain. I had level 10 pain down my left side front and back while trying to go to the bathroom. For 3 hours I was at a level 8 pain in lower back and gut, both sides. They ended up giving me pain meds, but these always cause constipation which equals more pain.
I have endoscopy colonoscopy for march 5th so I can't stop eating gluten until then.
Any suggestions?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 JessF

JessF

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

So sorry you are going through that! I am also waiting on the endoscocpy while glutening myself, UGH! I have done some research and alot of people say to drink tons of water, make ginger tea, eat healthy foods (fruits and veggies), eat healthy fats like olive oil, avacodos all to help with the glutening and to flush the toxins out of your body. I have my endoscopy in three days so I only have to torture myself a little bit longer. I bought some ginger chews and eat those after I eat gluten which I am only doing 1 time a day, the bare minimum. Good luck! I am sure others whom have more experience than me will chime in.I am totally new to this whole celiac/gluten free life:) Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone!

#3 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Perhaps a good masseuse (acupressure) and/or acupuncture until you can get off gluten? That may allow you take less pain meds?

I swear this dx process is barbaric. They've got to find another testing method.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#4 Lanimo

Lanimo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for they replies. Even though i wouldn't wish this on anyone, it is comforting to know i'm not alone. I actually have a really bad reaction to avocado even though my allergy test came back negative. another weird stomach thing, and the same thing happens when i eat eggs.

I actually got a massage yesterday, and it was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone currently dealing with pain... or even people with out it.
Since my trip to the ER, I've gotten bumped to "emergency status" so I will get to have my scopy's this week. There definitely has to be something better than a month wait for diagnosis.

#5 gatita

gatita

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Oh how awful for you! My GI actually called off my pre-endo gluten challenge after two days because he didn't like my reaction. I didn't argue!

I feel bad for you having to tough through so much agony.

Glad to hear they moved the scopes up sooner though! And the massage sounds heavenly.....

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: