I got an email from Del Monte after inquiring about what the "food starch" source is in their creamed corn and they replied:
January 18, 2008
Thank you for your e-mail about Del Monte Cream Style Corn.
The modified food starch we use is made from corn.
The list below includes all current Del Monte consumer products that, to the best of our knowledge, do not contain wheat, oats, rye or barley/malt ingredients. The list may change or may not be complete due to formula changes or new product introductions. It's always best to read the ingredient statement on the label for the most current information.
Del Monte Gluten-Free Products
- All Del Monte and S&W Canned/Jarred Fruits
- All Del Monte Fruit Snack Cups (Metal and Plastic, includes Del Monte Fruit Chillers)
- All Del Monte and S&W Canned Vegetables (excluding S&W Canned Dry Bean products which are now produced and distributed by Faribault Foods)
- All Del Monte, Contadina, and S&W Tomatoes & Tomato Products (except Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce Flavored with Meat, and Contadina Tomato Paste with Italian Herbs)
- Del Monte Harvest Selections Santa Fe Style Rice & Beans
- Del Monte 100% Fruit Juices
- StarKist Tuna (except Tuna Creations Herb & Garlic, Tuna Fillet Teriyaki, and the crackers in Lunch Kits)
- College Inn Garden Vegetable Broth and College Inn Organic Beef Broth.
I appreciate the opportunity to respond and hope this information is helpful.
Mary, Del Monte Foods Consumer Affairs
Stacey52783Member Since 01 Jan 2008
Offline Last Active Aug 02 2008 04:39 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 4
- Profile Views 1,434
- Member Title New Community Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown