I am a celiac patient. I've known that I had Dermititus Herpediformus (sp?) for about 20 years. Recently I had the gut-scope done to me and found I have Celiac Sprue. Since being diagnosed with D.H. long ago, I have taken Dapsone every day and kept eating whatever I wanted. Upon learning of this new development, I have decided to try to go 100% gluten free and see if it affects how I feel. But I have some questions that I need answers for:
1. Does the amount of gluten ingested affect the amount of villi damage done? In other words, is one little particle of gluten like a duodenal atomic bomb - flattening villi in all directions - or is it dependant on how much gluten you have eaten in determing the amount of damage done?
2. They told me if I went gluten-free that my villi damage was not permanent and they would begin growing back normally. What is the time period for this rejuvenation?
3. Is Dapsone bad for you?
4. Is "Ezekial" brand bread really Gluten Free? Dr. Phil's wife said it was.
5. What about 1-a-day vitamins for men and Tums?
Thanks in adavance for any information you can give me.
And when will Bard'sTale Beer be available? It's supposed to be the only Gluten-free beer available.
GutcheckMember Since 03 Aug 2004
Offline Last Active Aug 03 2004 01:32 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 1
- Profile Views 423
- Member Title New Community Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown