Glenview has some AWESOME restaurants you are in luck!!
Just take it one step at a time and eliminate gluten as you can! If you ever want to meet somewhere to talk I would be more than happy!
So for starters my Glenview staples:
Always alert the server or ask for a manager if they are not knowledgeable! DO NOT BE AFRAID TO BE DIFFERENT, it will get you sick! Remember medical necessity not an option Ask them to wash hands, change their gloves, and use clean utensils!
- Marcello's Pizza (Northbrook): gluten free pizza delivery to glenview! The Pan Pizza is amazing and their restaurant is great to go too! Wish it was cheaper, so I could eat it more! I love ordering online! Marcello's
- ROTI (Mediterian food) Almost everything is gluten-free they have a gluten free menu, with a gluten free pita for wraps! Just avoid the couscous and falafel! ROTI
- Meatheads (Right next door to ROTI, next to Best Buy and Whole Foods) Lettuce wrapped burgers and gluten free french fries!
- The YardHouse (In The Glen) AWESOME gluten free menu just ask for it up front! Love Love the shrimp rice bowl with shitake mushrooms! Kinda Pricy tho! THE GLEN DINING
- Mitchell's Fish House (In The Glen) great seafood! Gluten free menu ask up front!
- ***Ted Montanas (In The Glen) has a gluten free menu, ask up front, BUT service is crappy and have gotten sick from their preparations, not recommended unless you want to try***
- Eggsperience (In The Glen) has good breakfast, gluten free hashbrowns, fruit, and eggs!
- Boston Market (on Waukegan) has gluten free rotisserie chicken and sides check the ingredients list brochure upon entering for gluten free options!
- WILDFIRE (ALL TIME FAVORITE!!) Great gluten free menu ask for it upfront! Even have gluten free buns and pizza crust!
You also have your regulars not located in Glenview: PF CHANGS (Northbrook, gluten-free menu on every menu!), Maggianos (Skokie, chef comes and makes you anything you desire in his allergen free kitchen!), Red Robin (Lincolnshire or others, gluten menu ask for it), etc... I could go on but you get the idea! Let me know if you have any specific questions!
I do not know of any support groups
Thanks so much!!! I definitely know all the places you mentioned, never had an idea they were that celiac friendly! I think my family is a bit concerned we wouldn't be going out to eat anymore, so they'll be happy to hear all the options I'd love to meet sometime, too. I'll send you a message and maybe we can set something up? Anybody else from the area who'd like to meet? The more the merrier