Nope. He was sure of it based on looking at it and hearing my history. I did explain that I have celiac and have been eating gluten and that perhaps that the rash is DH. But he was adamant and completely confident that it is shingles.
On another note, my thyroid is watched closely - every 6 weeks I am tested. I was hyPERthyroid for a little bit, but none of my symptoms were relieved (constantly cold, forgetful to the point of being unable to remember to take my meds which is unusual for me, fatigued).
Yes, the dermatologist said that he has no doubt whatsoever that it is NOT DH, but shingles. And, he would NOT give me medical clearance for any of my procedures. I'm to go back in 2 weeks to hopefully get clearance. New dates for my biopsy and surgery, which doesn't make me happy.
Um... no. Yes, PSC is pretty strongly associated with celiac disease. Interestingly, it is often diagnosed by biopsy rather than antibodies. One article documents that people with PSC are more likely have false negatives on the blood tests than other celiacs. Sadly, all the articles I've found specifically say the gluten-free diet cures the malabsorption and weight loss but not the PSC. Suzanna, I think you might have gotten lucky with a good doctor who knew to look for the celiac. I know you don't think it's luck at all, but as everyone has pointed out, you won't do well at all celiac malabsorption on top of liver disease.
This is VERY interesting. I HAVE decided to get back on the diet, but just not yet. And I am probably going to try to focus on whole foods in general, as opposed to the processed foods. I figure, if I'm going to diet for my health, I might as well go all the way. Processed foods can be something I eat as a treat or on rare occasions, but not as a regular thing. It might be a good time for a life-change. I just have to get to the point where I'm ready to do it.
As for the hysterectomy, my doc thinks that ablation has an "abysmal" success rate. If I had the option of taking hormones (can't due to the liver disease), then that would have been our first option, I'm sure. The ovaries will remain unless there is a medical need to remove them. I already have osteopenia and I can't take any hormone replacement, so it's in my best interest to keep them if at all possible.
Going to the dermatologist today for the shingles.