I am allergic to caffeine.
I only have a few but they are clearly too irritating for me to consume caffeine and enjoy caffeine. The only ones that I don't experience are the flu like symptoms, the swollen eyes, my tongue doesn't swell and no cold sweats. The rest bugs me for the rest of the day, and the next morning I feel hung over! Big time hate caffeine. Found this out after quitting caffeine for months then sipped it daily and increased it. Symptoms increased and before long I hated what I was drinking.
Here are all symptoms possible for people with caffeine allergy.
- Skin problems such as hives, eczema, rashes, acne, severe itching
- Headaches/ migraines
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Can’t focus or concentrate
- Tongue, glands, or throat swelling
- Heart racing/ palpitations
- Angry, irritable, bad mood
- Extreme jitters
- Chest Pain
- Numbness in face, hands, or feet
- Muscle pain
- Shortness of breath/ tightness of chest
- Delusions/ hallucinations
- Flu/ cold like symptoms
- Vision problems
- Cold sweats
- Eyes swollen shut
So...now I want chocolate.....it's that time of the month again. But...the caffeine!!! lol Noooooo!
So I'm looking for a certified gluten free carob instead. Or I'll have to encourage my liver to produce the caffeine enzymes that it isn't. There's a whole new study.