A child has enough challenges besides dealing with a Celiac Mental, Physical and growth issues. This also includes a higher Temperment, irratability and the uncomfortableness that comes with ingesting gluten. This was a big part of the socialability issues our pre-school child had before his diagnosis.
Being a father of 5 celiac diagnosed children and a celiac wife we have experienced the a widerange of child and adult lifestyle, physical and sensitivity issues.
Get the diagnosis done early!
- Physical damage and diseases - Most important this prevents the that can occur down the road for a undiagnosed Celiac or Gluten Intolerant as they grow older!
- Mental, Physcological, and Temperment issues - Removal of gluten from a Celiac or Gluten Intolerant youngster, lessen and or prevents these known gluten intolerant issues from occuring!
- Saves more money in the long run on misdiagnosed health and or gluten caused health issues!
- Get support from educational systems,Care takers, emergency responders, medical personal\facilites and started early.
- Is needed to get a 504 plan in place if you need more assistance and support from these entities.
- Prevents a great deal of headaches, frustration and anguish by not having to go through the last minute process to get the support and or meet a deadline (that everybody fails to because of lack of time)
Yes, if Gluten intolerance or Celaic, it is something your ex and you should be involved in and understand for your childs sake. It will take advocating, dillegence and teaching skills from both of you to help get the support your child needs, to educate others, and to teach your child the lifestyle skills he\she will need to fend for themselves as a Celiac or Gluten Intolerant.
Learn more about this Gluten Intolerance from forums like this, other websites and become a member of a local support group\s.