NinjaMember Since 15 Feb 2012
Offline Last Active Nov 10 2013 05:45 PM
I find all aspects of medicine fascinating, especially the problem solving bit.
I've struggled with uncontrollable symptoms for awhile: most notably GI "issues", vitamin/mineral deficiencies anxiety/depression and generally feeling unwell.
I first suspected gluten was the (or a) culprit for my symptoms last summer (2011). I was finally tested (serum) for celiac in October and the results were negative. UPDATED (9/12): Results rendered inaccurate? : I was on a nasal steroid.
I went off gluten and milk approx. 2/1/12 and for the most part, have felt much better. Sorghum Sensitive (2/12) – Resolved (6/13). UPDATED (9/12): I am feeling incredible. Oat Sensitive (9/12). Successfully re-introduced milk (2/13).
Symptom Resolution: (2/13)
- I began growing 6 or so months after going gluten-free at age 18. I am still growing. I began at 5'4 1/2" and now am 5'6 3/4" UPDATED: I'm 5'7" now. (6/13)
- I have been able to stop all allergy medications, pain medications and steroids.
- Prior to gluten-free, I had recurrent bacterial infections and illnesses. Not once sine February 2012.
- GI symptoms: diarrhea, bloating, gas, pain, etc. ALL gone. (Aside from occasional glutenings.)
- GERD gone.
- The presumed DH rash (began 3/12) is relatively under control. It is very sensitive to iodine in addition to gluten.
- No headaches, migraines, nerve pain or tingling, exhaustion, weird flu-like "illnesses", nausea, brain fog....
- Secondary lactose intolerance is nearly nonexistent (2/13).
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!
- Group Advanced Members
- Active Posts 318
- Profile Views 3,947
- Member Title Advanced Community Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday January 5