NinjaMember Since 15 Feb 2012
Offline Last Active Jul 25 2014 04:42 PM
I've struggled with "difficult-to-pin-down" type symptoms for awhile: most notably GI "issues", mild vitamin/mineral deficiencies, anxiety/depression, and generally feeling unwell.
I first suspected gluten was the (or a) culprit for my symptoms last summer (2011). I was finally tested (serum) for celiac in October and the results were negative.
I went off gluten and milk approx. 2/1/12 and for the most part, have felt much better. UPDATED: Oat Sensitive (9/12). Successfully re-introduced milk (2/13).
Symptom Resolution: (2/13)
- I began growing 6 or so months after going gluten-free at age 18. I began at 5'4 1/2" and now am 5'6" UPDATED (2/14)
- I have been able to stop all allergy medications and steroids.
- GI symptoms: diarrhea, bloating, gas, pain, etc. improved. (Aside from occasional glutenings.)
- The presumed DH rash (began 3/12) is relatively under control. It is very sensitive to iodine in addition to gluten. UPDATED: the rash is well controlled by gluten-free diet. Lessening in its sensitivity to iodine. (2/14)
- No weird flu-like "illnesses", nausea, nerve pain or tingling.
- Secondary lactose intolerance is nearly nonexistent (2/13).
- Double HLA-DQB1 *0602
- Lupus DX (5/14). Starting Plaquenil 300mg. On a hybrid anti-inflammatory diet + gluten-free.
- Equivocal wheat allergy blood test result (2/12). Planning to retest.
- GI symptoms and GERD still mostly gone, though still trying to work out some kinks.
- No random rash flares.
- "Environmental" allergy symptoms drastically improved.
- Everything else still mostly the same as above.
- Group Advanced Members
- Active Posts 335
- Profile Views 4,673
- Member Title Advanced Community Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown