Begin forwarded message:
From: Good Greens Info <email@example.com>
Date: October 11, 2012 4:14:01 AM EDT
Cc: Jim Clifford <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: change in formula / gluten free certification?
First off - We would like to thank you for supporting Good Greens, and for asking these questions.
1) The allergen statement about wheat,soy ect IS NEW - it was a requirement made by liability insurance for the facility the produces our bars, since it's not exclusively a gluten free or NON GMO facility
2) The sweetness in the bars comes from (1) the natural ingredients in our Z-52 superfood powder (nine different dehyrdrated berries), (2) the nautral freeze-dried fruit in our bars, (3) Fruitrim which is concentrated fruit juices that we use for freshness and to hold all of the raw ingrendients in our bar together. Since it's a raw product, the taste of the product varies depending upon when we harvest the ingredients for our superfood powder, and generally later in season berries tend to taste sweeter once they have gone thru the dehyrdation proces.
3) Again the grain dextrins are from the Fruittrim, http://advancedingre...om/fruitrim.php, and it's certified Gluten Free
4) The facility that made our bars was at one time certified by GIG as being Gluten Free, and recently we were informed by GIG that they they were no longer certified, and therefore neither was our product. As a result we have had to remove the GIG certification and get certified by an independent 3rd party, which we are now doing. This 3rd party works with our manufacturing facility's Quality Assurance Team to ensure that the proper protocol is met each time we manufacture our product, and then subsquentially randomly tests our product to ensure that the gluten content in our bars is less than 20 ppm which is the FDA standard.
5) The oats we use are from Cream Hill Estates and are certified Gluten Free by GIG -The oats is what give our bar it's 5 grams of fiber, and also allows for bar to be low glyscemic (diabetic safe), no plans for changing in the futue - I understand your concern but this might help
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM, wrote:
Hi - I've been a Good Greens customer for a while; at least one year. I have noticed some changes, and am wondering if you can verity these for me?
1) I noticed the allergen statement about wheat, soy, etc. Has that always been on your packages? Is that fairly new?
2) I noticed that your bars seem to be much sweeter than before. Has the recipe changed? Have your suppliers changed formulas?
3) Can you tell me the grains included in the "grain dextrins" of the fruit sweetener?
4) I thought I recalled your products as having the "Certified Gluten Free" black and white circle logo on them. Do I remember this correctly? Has your certification status changed? I was surprised to look at a newer box and see that it is a wheat logo with gluten free under it, not the circle certification logo. Can you verify? Have you ever been certified? Will you ever be ?
5) Will you ever make a bar that is without oats? Some celiacs cannot tolerate even gluten free oats. Avenin can trigger an immune response like gluten. Have you considered other protein-rich things like chia?
Thanks for any info.