Jump to content

Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            




   arrowShare this page:
   

   Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

 
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    


zapsmom

Member Since 09 Mar 2012
Offline Last Active May 30 2012 01:26 PM
-----

Topics I've Started

Confused By Gi

08 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

MY DD had her scope/biospy about 4 weeks ago. We got the results back 2 weeks later...it came back negative. Today, we get a call from the GI specialist nurse to tell us that DD's vitamin A nad D levels were low. Don't know it has taken 6 weeks to call and tell us this when it was a month ago she has the biospy nad the blood work was done at the end of March. Anyway, so the nurse tells Dh(I was at work when she called) that he wants her ot start taking a multivitamin which is gluten-free. So that is where I am confused...Why shoulf the multivitamin be gluten-free when she is not gluten-free? Does this make sense to anyone else? Can someone explain this to me?

Questions And Concerns...

02 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

Ok, I am a bit of worried so please bear with me. :) My DD is scheduled for a scope/boi next Wednesday. Well, this morning she woke up with a sinus infection which is right on course to the way her sinus infection go. She did have her andoids outto stop these sinus infections but the sinus infections are still there. Anyway, I am going to call and get her some antiboitics to start right away but I am concern that this will cancel her scope/biospy. I don't want it cancelled b/c it will take probably another month or three to get another appointment. If she is on antibiotic and they still do the scope, will it effect the biospy and the results? Thank you for your patience with my rambling...

Confuesed By The Blood Tests

26 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

I took my DD to see the GI specilist today. He came in and right away said, it seems like the endo dr may not understand celiac and after saying that he showed me her blood test results. I am not sure if I can explain correct what I saw but I will try. The Trans something IgA was negative but the one where the levels should be 20 and under were a 39. He asked if she had signs of celiac. I am not sure. I know she has consitpation, she has lose 12lbs, she has chronic sinus infections(the ENT specialist said that this can't be related to celaic?) and she has acid reflux. She does have moody swings which no one can expalin to me, and she does have problems focuing which I have been told by an OT that it could be Celaic related. All of this along with her diabetes(T1) and hpyothyroidism. He is still going to do the scope and biospy which is scheduled for April 11. So I guess I am wondering if the IgA is negative and the other level is slightly elevated, can it be celiac? If the boispy comes back negative, then why would the one blood test be elevated? She was sick with ears/sinus infection with a cold when I took her for the bloos test, could this elevated that one blood test? Sorry for my rambling, just trying to figure this all out! Any thoughts would be great.

Thank you
Shannon

Postive Blood Test For Celiac

09 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

My DD who is 7 tested postive for celiac. Her level that i know of for one test(I guess the main one that say if it is postive or negative) was a 39. Not that high but the dr said it was a postive. We are waiting to get int o see the ped GI which right now is not till June and that is just the consult. I am not sure if she has any signs of celiac except for the fact that she has loss 12 lbs in three weeks, she has constipation(DH who has celiac says that she should have diahra to have celaic), acid reflux. She also has type 1 Diabetes(dx'd at 18 months)and hpyothroidsim. She also has learning delays and chronic sinus/ear infections even after tubes were put in. So I guess I am wondering(maybe I am in denial at the thought she will has something else that will be a major cahnge in her life)but could there be a chance that it is a false postive. We are keeping her on gluten like the drs have said till she has her scope. I guess I am also concern about her weight loss and the 3 month wait till we see the GI specailist. Will that be safe for her?

Thank you...